• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

TV show "Tanked"

Hawkman2000

Members
VERY VERY VERY disappointed in that show. Will never watch it again. The tanks and systems are cool. But this show just proves that reality TV is as far from reality as possible.

verbal

CCA Members
VERY VERY VERY disappointed in that show. Will never watch it again. The tanks and systems are cool. But this show just proves that reality TV is as far from reality as possible.

What were you expecting? I am not a big fan of the reality format, but I don't think tanked is nearly as bad as a lot of other reality shows.

Norm66

Members
It's exactly like the other 'reality' shows complete with badly acted fake dialogue. LOL.

but it has fish so it's cool. I watch it. Plus the ladies are easy on the eyes.

I watched part of one episode. Those guys are nothing like anyone in the hobby. I bet they got some fish geeks locked up in the backroom and those are the brains of the operation. The rest are just hired actors/actresses.

Prince

The ONE who is The ONE
I take the show of what it is entertainment. I like to see the different set ups they create each week. For all we they use pre-seeded BBA biomedia for every tank. Every episode I have watched the customer was an experienced aquarist or had enough money to pay someone to maintain their tank. Honestly if I had that kind of money I would pay someone too. I know what I want my planted tank to look like. I have the equipment, have some of the knowledge, but I don't have the skill. Which is very frustrating. Shoot ATM an email and ask the questions you guys are posing. The technical side of the hobby isn't entertaining to those not deep into the hobby. The show was meant to generate business for ATM and bring people into the hobby. For those that are well versed in the hobby we have Zeb Hogan, Nat Geo, and the other guy who fishes for monster fish.