• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Trying to find a new home for my pet rats

chriscoli

Administrator
Awwwwww I had pet rats at one time, they were awesome! I can't take them, unfortunately (husband's allergies) but I hope someone adopts them. They can be very affectionate.

zackcrack00

Members
I have a guinea pig. I really just love her to death. It's amazing how some people can form a relationship with their rodent rather than their dog. I have a strong relationship with both. :D

I_love_dojos

Members
Hi, I'm still looking for a home for these two guys. I am willing to drive them a reasonable distance to the right home. I am also somewhat flexible with the rehoming fee for the right family.

Becca

Members
Anyone with kids - these guys really, REALLY make great pets. If my dogs weren't smarter than the average congressman, I'd go for them, but they wouldn't last 5 minutes in my house.

It looks like the grey one is actually a Rex rat - a type of fancy rat with curly fur. I had pet rats growing up and they are truly wonderful companions. They live 3-5 years, are relatively easy to care for, intelligent, and very affectionate.

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Good luck finding them a home. :)

I have a guinea pig. I really just love her to death. It's amazing how some people can form a relationship with their rodent rather than their dog. I have a strong relationship with both. :D

+1 on guinea pigs!

I_love_dojos

Members
Thanks, Becca:) Yes , the gray one is a Rex rat. He has wavy gray hair. The white one has smooth hair. Both are very, very sweet and are very patient when being held. They are both extremely gentle and enjoy human contact and being handled. I am just allergic to them and break out in hives when I handle them too much :(

Becca

Members
Thanks, Becca:) Yes , the gray one is a Rex rat. He has wavy gray hair. The white one has smooth hair. Both are very, very sweet and are very patient when being held. They are both extremely gentle and enjoy human contact and being handled. I am just allergic to them and break out in hives when I handle them too much :(

That happens to me, too. It was part of why I got my last rat a buddy, it got bad enough that I couldn't handle her as regularly as I wanted to.

These make AWESOME classroom pets - teachers!