• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Truly massive Corydoras robustus for sale

Plenipotentiary-at-large
Have 10 that need a good home, would consider selling in lots of five, would prefer not to ship,. These are the largest Corydoras I've ever seen, and use of the word 'gigantic' would not be inappropriate. They are longer than Brochis and probably heavier - each is a full 4" and they probably weigh a couple+ ounces apiece. Asking $30 each, just too big for my tank. They are calm, gentle giants in perfect health but probably need at least a 90-100 gallon tank to do them credit as they have serious presence. Wild caught but acclimated well enough that they aren't inclined to hide and seem to enjoy lounging in the leaves of large Anubias when they're not all massed together in front of the tank lined up heads into the current.

Pictures of species on Google Images don't do them justice, as they have the elongated 'flag' dorsal fins and are much prettier and have more color (red) than internet pics. Will try and post pictures (or they are available for personal inspection in DC) if anyone is interested, otherwise they're headed for AquaBid.

Anyway, was thrilled to get them (from Frank Falcone aka "Coryologist" in NJ) as they are rarely available, have only been bred once in captivity (apparently by accident), but they just seem cramped with everything else I have going on in my 75. Definite show stopper if you're into catfish, or maybe even if you're not just because they're so much larger than any other Cory including 'super' arcuatus. Price is a deal, but not a reason to buy them, and if you need to ask what that means, they're not for you.

http://www.planetcatfish.com/catelog/image.php?image_id=5854