• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Trophs and Saulosi

dhavalsp

Members
It has been a little over a month since i got tropheus and I added some Saulosi's to the tank. I have been trying to get a good picture but now i have given up!

I did not mess much with my old setup, so it is moderately planted. tropheus have take the lower level and saulosi's predominantly occupy the top area. In the middle i have 2 neon tetra's(!!!) who were impossible to catch but enjoying the new company.. they are doing pretty well given the fact that my trophs are in upper 2 inch size group.

Thanks to some of our CCA members who pushed me in this direction...loving the transition so far... now i want to up the game by working on the habitat... more stones, higher Ph and stuff like that... What do u recommend, I should start with...or do you recommend sticking to what i have and not mess with it at all?!

Thanks,

Dhaval

dhavalsp

Members
One thing has been bothering me is mysterious disappearances...

4 neon tetras disappeared when there were only neons and small plecos in the tanks...but tank was infested with snails...(2 months ago)

2 plecos disappeared shortly after adding tropheus... ( month ago)

added saulosi's about a week ago and 1 disappeared.. in about 3 hours of adding... (week ago)

The tank has PFS, 3-4 assasin snails, its a 55G, it is closed pretty well...and these fish just disappeared ..i have opened my canister 3 times in last 2 months just hoping to see someone sucked up, dead fish, some remains,... but nothing..

initially i suspected snails feasting on dead fish, but with the latest saulosi incident, i dont have too many snails left, i see one or two once in a while...

any leads for my closure...

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Still any plecos in the tank? They will usually take care of any corpses if they are in the tank too long.