• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Transportation Engineers Needed for BFD7

Leffler817

CCA Members
Hi Everyone! I've got to say that I'm always impressed by how much help we get during the event. So THANK YOU in advance for the help this year. Several people have offered to help already, so here is another opportunity to help CCA put on the best fish event ever. It may even be the easiest too. All you need to do is drive. We are looking for people to drive to the airport to pick up a speaker and bring them to the Hyatt in Bethesda. We will also need people to help us get the speakers back to the airport after the event. It is a cool chance to get to know the speakers perhaps even find out that they like obscure flavored kombucha like you do....

Eric Hanneman and wife Lynda will be arriving at REAGAN International on Thursday (2/14) @4:10pm.........MATT (FISHEGGS)
They are departing on Monday (2/18) @5:10............... Donna will cover this trip.

Willem Heijns is arriving at DULLES International on Thursday (2/14) @3pm Greg (Tangcollector)
He is departing on Sunday (2/17) @6:30pm _______________

Greg Steeves is arriving at DULLES International on Friday (2/15) @1:20pm Greg (Tangcollector)
He is departing on Sunday (2/17) @ 1:50 _________________

Just an FYI, Dulles International (IAD) is about 23 miles from the Hyatt. Reagan International (DCA) is only 10 miles away. CCA will reimburse you for any tolls or gas. Thank you in advance.

Last edited:

chriscoli

Administrator
It really is an awesome opportunity. I've given several speakers a ride to/from the airport and had the most awesome conversations with them. One of my favorites was when Anton started listing out which point locations for P. kribensis were the same as the other (in other words, which were made-up trade names for the same fish). My only frustration was that I couldn't write any of it down because I was driving! It was a great conversation, though.