• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Todays CCA March Meeting - UPDATE

Scraps

Super Genius
Staff member
As of 8:53 am (Saturday) Our CCA meeting is on schedule. MoCo has not cancelled use of their building. So TUIC is in route with everyone's ordered Group Buy. Please look for updates on threads if anything changes. IF the county closes weekend activities, TUIC will still be at the school location with your preordered purchase. Please make sure you arrive to obtain.
Drive safe everyone!

JLW

CCA Members
Hey guys, the schools are apparently closed.
The roads are -fine.- I was out a bit ago, and, yea, they're wet, but there's no snow sticking. Schools have to act with an abundance of caution, and I completely understand that.
So, let's shift gears a little bit -- I'll host the meeting. Address is:
12831 Tourmaline Court, Silver Spring, 20904.

I'm almost exactly 4 miles from the school -- just head East on Randolph to Tourmaline Court and hang a left. Plenty of street parking.

halak

Members
Yeah, I was wondering that, too, about the schools. I think the activities in MCPS schools are not canceled. Maybe Josh meant that the schools are closed because it's Saturday. : )

JLW

CCA Members
I'm not entirely looped in on this, but Scraps Scraps called the schools to verify that they'd be open for the meeting a little while ago, and was informed they'd be closed. :) Don't ask me.

chriscoli

Administrator
Bob, even if you go to the school, the club president ( Scraps Scraps ) has taken Josh up on his offer to host at his house. I'm not sure it's an issue at this point.

chriscoli

Administrator
For anyone coming in to the conversation late, please see Josh's post above with his address. We'll be moving the meeting to Josh's house. THANK YOU JOSH!

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
Great meeting yesterday!

Big thanks to Josh for willing to host on short notice.

Great talk from Kevin, learned a lot about the import process, how imported fish cost is calculated, and how Kevin doesn't need to sleep.

Kevin brought a huge box of fish down for orders and donated some nice stuff to the auction.

Was great to have an auction again and see fish people, and have an almost normal meeting.

Thanks to everyone who showed up to the meeting in the snow, especially Kevin and his wife for making the trip down from NJ.

Kevin@TUIC

CCA Members
Thank you all so much. You have one of the best clubs in the country. Super big thank you to Josh and his wife for letting everyone crash his house last minute. My wife and I discussed that on our long ride home we felt that the home environment actually felt very relaxed and you guys might be on to something ;)
It was great to chat with those that I was able to do so with and for those I missed I apologize if we didn't get to chat.
We arrived at my shop around 1:30 am and put away fish I picked up from Matt Q. and then after a quick breakfast(does it count as breakfast if you never went to sleep?) I had to go right to JFK in NYC for 2 planes with imports. One that the fish never got on :( after waiting al day for them to be ready.
so Mike.. sleep.. pfft.. HA
Thank you guys we well see you again soon.