• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Today In The Fishroom~4/29/11 F0 P.managuense "Honduras"

Aquamojo

Members
The pair are beginning to breed in their new tank.

The male

Hondo-Manaquense-2145.jpg

Hondo-Manaquense-2136.jpg

The female...a little ticked at the intrusion.

Hondo-Manaquense-2142.jpg

A lot of posturing and lip locking

Hondo-Manaquense-2144.jpg

Hondo-Manaquense-2146.jpg

Hondo-Manaquense-2141.jpg

They selected a nice flat stone for breeding...field stone from our farm...nice stuff.

Hondo-Manaquense-2140.jpg

Flashing the female...or maybe that was dodging a side strike.

Hondo-Manaquense-2137.jpg

Him chasing her...

Hondo-Manaquense-2139.jpg

Her chasing him...

Hondo-Manaquense-2138.jpg

And so it goes...

:cool:

Aquamojo

Members
Two more. The pair had a regular breeding spot in the old tank. The larger tank affords them a few different choices. The female seems to prefer the old standby piece of bowl shaped slate. The male seems to be very interested in leading her back to the large strawberry pot....something that was too large for the last tank. If you look at the pictures above you will notice that the male organ is down and ready for action. The female is not there yet.....but hell....haven't most of US males been there as well? LOL

Hondo-Manaquense-2148.jpg

Hondo-Manaquense-2147.jpg

Prince

The ONE who is The ONE
Where do you buy those threaded suction cups you use for that PVC hose catch for the python fill system?

mscichlid

Founder
That would be cool MO!

BTW, I appreciate you posting here. It's good that you don't hit and run.

Whoa! :smashfreakB: I just glanced up to see that you are GREEN! :jumpy:

How did I miss that! Thank you again! :sign0191:

Aquamojo

Members
Thanks man.

As you can see the male is ready for action. This is a good shot of what the male organ looks like from the side. It comes to an obvious point and is pointed forward. A female will look like a soda straw pointed backward.

Hondo-Manaquense-2160.jpg

The female is not ready...no visible sign other than a slight thickness in that area. What I think is going on is that they can't comes to terms with WHERE they want to breed. The male keeps selling the large pot..darting in and scraping the inside while the female watches.

Hondo-Manaquense-2156.jpg

He is also scraping along the sides and top of the pot...all while the female watches.

Hondo-Manaquense-2159.jpg

The female literally ignores this and swims over top of the slate...puffing up her operculum and scraping the bottom and cleaning the slate.

Hondo-Manaquense-2149.jpg

Hondo-Manaquense-2155.jpg

The male...dejected...will lay along side waiting for the female to return for a repeat performance.

Hondo-Manaquense-2158.jpg

Back and forth...each trying to lay the ground rules for the next breeding site.

Hondo-Manaquense-2152.jpg

Two shots of the male:

Hondo-Manaquense-2154.jpg

Hondo-Manaquense-2153.jpg

Two of my favorite shots thus far....the male making a quick turn. I actually caught this pose four or five times These are the best of the bunch.

Hondo-Manaquense-2150.jpg

Hondo-Manaquense-2151.jpg

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Excellent shots Mo. I love your series posts like this.

It's sort of like keeping the meanies viacriously though you. :)

Thanks for posting them.