• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Today In The Fishroom~10/29/11 The Betta Project

Aquamojo

Members
My good friends Rose and Tony Orso laid a couple of very nice Betta on me to photograph. I purchased two plastic boxes at a local craft store. One I painted with a black background and the other I left clear. I set them up on top of a piece of eggcrate suspended across two cinder blocks. Underneath I put one heavily diffused Nikon SB-900 flash...on top another with a Gary Fong Lightsphere. Behind I placed a silver reflector. This had no effect on the black background, but when I switched to the clear it gave some additional back light. Once I placed the box down I cut a small hole in the eggcrate and placed a hand mirror so it would lay against the side of the box.

Here's the setup:

Betta-Tank-Set-Up.jpg

The results...IMHO were amazing. I was shooting at ISO 100, 1/320th, @ f32. The colors were off the chart since the light was filtering both in front and behind the fish. Here's the results:

Never seen a pink Betta. This fish is amazing.

Orso-Betta-1.jpg

Orso-Betta-8.jpg

Orso-Betta-9.jpg

Orso-Betta-10.jpg

Orso-Betta-12.jpg

Orso-Betta-13.jpg

Orso-Betta-14.jpg

Orso-Betta-15.jpg

Beautiful split tail Betta.

Orso-Betta-2.jpg

Orso-Betta-3.jpg

Orso-Betta-4.jpg

Orso-Betta-5.jpg

Orso-Betta-6.jpg

Orso-Betta-7.jpg

Finally a dragon scale Betta.

Orso-dragon-scale-Betta-1.jpg

Orso-dragon-scale-Betta-2.jpg

Orso-dragon-scale-Betta-3.jpg

Orso-dragon-scale-Betta-4.jpg

Orso-dragon-scale-Betta-5.jpg

Orso-dragon-scale-Betta-6.jpg

Hope to do more of these in the future.

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Stunning as always, Mo.

Almost asked what the small hand mirror was for, then realized.. bettas, duh. :)