• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

To Much?? 150g decor >.>

interex216

Members
Recently given another 150g(sittin empty in the yard atm..) with EVERYTHING, fish, decor, filters etc, so combined his with mine here's the result.

May have overdone it a bit, tons of hiding places for babies tho!

eden2020

Members
150.. too much???

I guess it depends on your definition of "too much".. LOL I think it's an interesting gathering of rock, plants, and driftwood. Interesting selection considering that I see a lot of African Cichlids. Initially I thought you could use more open spaces for swimming, but then again, you DO have a lot of places for fish to hide and move around curbing aggression. Cool stuff!

-marc

I wish someone would give me a 150g tank :sniff:

I don't think that you have too much decor in your tank. The plants give the fish some cover and break up the line of sight.

Arlene

interex216

Members
check the ph regularly so far alls good ^_^, the largest 2 pieces have been in tanks for 6+ years with no dead fish as a result thankfully. The newer smaller pieces i'm gonna keep an eye on bc yea it is ALOT of driftwood i agree lol. Havent had to add any buffers or anything in all the time ive had it. Tends to stay around 7.8. The larger pieces came from Scales display tank before his store closed =(

Running an aquaclear 110 and two eheim pro 2s for filtration, for flow have a closed loop system undergravel on a pump that does 2500gph and 2 koralia 850s on either side of the tank. Temp of tank stays avg 80

fischfan13

Banned
Looks and sounds fine.
If you are concerned about the amount of electric you are using to heat the tank then you would be fine to drop the temp about 3f (give or take a degree).

Unfortunately I never had the privilege to walk into Scales...sounds like there was none better.

dogofwar

CCA Members
I like the look of the tank...my immediate concern went to the monster Melanochromis males (M. crabro and M. auratus, I think) in there.

They tend to kill everything in a tank over time...

Matt

Hawkman2000

Members
I looks like a dump truck dumped a bunch of crap in the tank, but it all just happened to land in the right place. Looks great.

I agree with jonclark though, looks like a new world tank with african fish in it.

ddavila06

Members
I looks like a dump truck dumped a bunch of crap in the tank, but it all just happened to land in the right place. Looks great.

I agree with jonclark though, looks like a new world tank with african fish in it.

i like the way you put this hawkman! lol
the tank looks great with all the stuff where it is at :D