• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

This seems awfully sweet for a 180 (divorce sale)

killakacti

Members
wow just looking at that light hood i can see my power meter spinning like a top. great deal though, wish i would have seen it last week. I would have bought that instead of the 2 tanks i bought.

Hawkman2000

Members
I'm going to ask my girlfriend what she thinks about downsizing our bed from a queen to a twin so I can fit it into our bedroom. I think if I tell her that she is thin enough for both of us to fit on a twin it might work.

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Man... and it's in Gaithersburg too....

Great deal, but no way, lol.

Holding out for double-stacked glass 180s down the road when my eartheaters get bigger.

eden2020

Members

Clariry Plus tank, base and tank are separate. The entire white stand (base) is the sump. Single overflow in the middle. I don't know anything about the light fixture, but it is all neatly fastened to the hood/canopy. Excellent shape...

-Marc and family

eden2020

Members

Whoops...

I forgot to post that my family and I picked it up this morning 9must have been to excited about it). Been looking a looonnnggg time. I need to get some plumbing done to cap the holes to make sure she holds water. Then i will need to figure out how I want to run the plumbing. never plumbed one this big. Thinking about a canister and bypassing the sump. Actually, I might get rid of the stand and canopy altogether.

I don't think I have to buff the acrylic, it's pretty nice, but I might try to get some advise on it and give it a shot anyway. Really, a nice buff is the only holding the tank itself from being super nice..

-marc and family..

eden2020

Members

The tank is pretty much exactly what a typical 180 is, minus the bracing that would be on a glass tank. I would assume that it would drop directly onto a 180 or anything that is 6 x 2. One interesting thing is that the canopy is hinged with acrylic hinges and pins so it actually tilts up. Two hinges need to glued back on (total of four), they were knocked off during the last tank move, but are present and ready to be put back on. Honestly, I don't care for the white, but it adds a nice finish to the tank. Another neat aspect is that the stand is 6 inches or so deeper than the tank and there is a piece that sits in front on the tank on the stand (looks like a little shelf). It can be removed to access the sump. The front and sides of the stand are solid white pieces of acrylic. Only issue I saw with the canopy is a small piece that chipped off on the side, but I have the piece so it can be glued on, and is not part of the structure integrity of the canopy...

-marc and family..

Plenipotentiary-at-large
Whoops...

I forgot to post that my family and I picked it up this morning 9must have been to excited about it). Been looking a looonnnggg time. I need to get some plumbing done to cap the holes to make sure she holds water. Then i will need to figure out how I want to run the plumbing. never plumbed one this big. Thinking about a canister and bypassing the sump. Actually, I might get rid of the stand and canopy altogether.

I don't think I have to buff the acrylic, it's pretty nice, but I might try to get some advise on it and give it a shot anyway. Really, a nice buff is the only holding the tank itself from being super nice..

-marc and family..

Well alright then. Does seem a shame to have a built-in 150 gallon sump and not use it, especially since it's a nice looking unit. I get a point or something for re-posting it right?
:D

eden2020

Members

Stocking... well... we have several African Cichlids thanks the the convention, and some of you out there. We have a couple groups of Peacocks, a nice group of Syno Multipunctatus, deep water Haps, Phenos, and a few other odds and ends. There are others I am hoping to snag from Jay in Nov too. Not sure what the final mix will be but definitely hand selected Africans.

As for the Sump, yes it does seem to make sense to use it, but never been a big fan. I was thinking a nice finished wood stand and canopy is more to our liking, and would rather work a canister or two into the plumbing versus buying a submersible pump, bio balls, media, etc... I will never use the lighting designed for the canopy. Surely the canopy and stand will find a home once we have a suitable stand alternative.

-marc and family..

BTW- If I ever get one of the three digital cameras working that we have, I will post some pics.. Simply rinsed it off and stacked for now.

rich_one

Members
Whoops...

-marc and family..
Wow... congrats! Nice pickup!

-Rich

mscichlid

Founder
I might be interested in the canopy. Can you post a couple of pictures of the interior and exterior? What kind of bulbs are in there?

eden2020

Members
Canopy ...

The canopy does not have any bulbs, and I think he said the set up was for T8s??? I don't know. I never use those lights. I want to say he said the tank was about 10 yrs old, although it doesn't look it. That might give you a better idea. I will try to get some pics posted.. I always rip people for not having a digital, and go figure, mine 2 don't work. And the 3rd one is overkill.

I will see what I can do. I was hoping to get out to the meeting this weekend (I'll be in DC with the family) but at the Zoo. However, next month's meeting is on our to do list.

Talk to you soon... Thanks for the props on the tank everyone. I cant tell you how excited we are. My 8 year old can play in it.. LOL

-marc and family..