• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Third time is the charm

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
Awesome. Congrats! Seeing discus raise fry is really neat. I saw a few pairs raising fry at Hans' place and was entranced. Have fun raising the fry. Maybe I'll be ready for discus again once they're decent size.

b considine

a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude
That's about as far as I have to get from the glass to see inside my tanks. D**n you, Middle Age!

Blaise

Last edited:

msjinkzd

invert junkie
Awesome! Don't forget BAP!

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
I don't BAP, it is too hard to bring young fry that far to get a sign off. :)

I don't expect this fry rearing to be successful, this time, but wigglers is getting much closer!

The fish just turned 2 yrs a few weeks ago. This is the best they have done so far, but they are still a bit distracted, lol.

I may end up pulling the parents into a smaller tank (they are in a 60 breeder with other fish right now) to give it a real try, but not until after I get back from Bermuda.

msjinkzd

invert junkie
yea, they ate them, LMAO. Sigh, maybe FOURTH time will be the charm as they are already grooming a new area

chriscoli

Administrator
Woo Hoo!

and then, D'OH! Seems to be the story of my fish lately, too...lots of fry eaten by inexperienced parents.

YSS

Members
It takes time, but I also heard that some will never learn and won't be able to raise the fry.

Hawkman2000

Members
I would probably try to gather the eggs, hatch them in a net, then raise them in another tank. Don't know if it would work with this type of fish though.

msjinkzd

invert junkie
I have no desire to do that- too many other projects and tanks to maintain. Maybe once I am done one of my other projeccts I would consider giving it a go but the reality is I am most likely too busy to try and raise pipefish fry AND discus fry. pipefish win, lol