• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

THEY DID IT!!

Greengirl

Members
Thanks Zach, alas I came home to find most of the eggs have been eaten. I have about twenty left and five of them are white so they are dead too. I am bummed but not surprised since this is their first spawn in a new place. I heard they often eat the first few spawns if the eggs are not removed. And I had no safe place to put them yet, but I will by sunday. Good thing is, they should spawn again like clockwork in a couple of weeks. I'll try to keep my last 15 eggs alive and get them to fry.

zackcrack00

Members
Thanks, Alexandra. Sorry to hear that, that is why I am getting an already mated pair of Kribensis. Ya know, so they dont eat the babies or chase each other off a few times a spawn... I hop e we can be updated about the survivors! :)

Greengirl

Members
I think they just produced eggs. They paired off and spawned just before aquamania and David packed them up for sale before the eggs hatched. I will be acuiring a holding tank this weekend for future babies. As for the survivors, they turned all white so I guess they didn't make it either. Oh well. This will be the first of many.

zackcrack00

Members
Thank you!

Thank you Zach, you are so sweet. I will keep everyone posted on Qwerty and Azerty's progress (those are their names).

Wow! I thought I was the only one who named my fish!!! Also, thank you Alexandra for saying that! Clarification: Were you the person who: bought angels at Aquamania, has dark colored hair, and I was wondering if you would take my yellow lab fry, but you said your ghost knife fish would eat them??? I like finding the people I met at Aquamania on the forum!

Greengirl

Members
Wow! I thought I was the only one who named my fish!!! Also, thank you Alexandra for saying that! Clarification: Were you the person who: bought angels at Aquamania, has dark colored hair, and I was wondering if you would take my yellow lab fry, but you said your ghost knife fish would eat them??? I like finding the people I met at Aquamania on the forum!

Yep, that was me.