• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

There are days when I HATE this hobby

Last Friday picked up very nice breeding pair of Cubans from DQ. He told they were spawning almost on a monthly basis so I was quite excited. Took them home set them up in a established 90gal that has been up and running for some type with a honey comb and sail fin pleco. The first couple of days everything was looking wonderful, came home on Tuesday went down stairs and the female is belly and just shredded to pieces with the male sitting in the corner with that look of "What?" on his face.

DAYUM DAYUM DAYUM!!!! What's a person to do....... :eek::eek::eek::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry3::angry3::angry3::angry3:

Sooooo I walked around the basement inspecting the other tanks and remembering why I love this hobby so much.......:D:D:D:D:D

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
So sorry Terrell. Heard a lot of stories of NW fish shedding each other from Matt and Jon and others who keep these "cichlids with attitude"... it never gets any easier hearing these tales. :s

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Sucks, Terrell. Same thing happened to me a couple of weeks ago with a pair of Lake Nicaragua convicts. It's a challenge making sure the balance between a pair doesn't get interrupted.