• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

The Passing of Larry Jinks

chriscoli

Administrator
As many of you have heard on social media, Larry Jinks has passed away. To quote the NJAS announcement, "Larry was retired and living in Raleigh, NC area at the time of his passing, surrounded by family, after a very brief and rare illness. He was active in his local club and fishroom up until recently."

Larry was a good friend to many of us in the area, and frequently attended local meetings. He also spoke for our club at The Big Fish Deal. Personally, many of the concepts used in the construction of my fishroom are directly attributable to him.

We will miss you, Larry.

Last edited:

JLW

CCA Members
Larry was one of the most incredible fish keepers and breeders out there. I can't remember the number of times he took fish that I had given up on breeding, and six weeks later had fry.
His fishkeeping was eclipsed by his personality -- never an unkind word, always happy, smiling, and positive.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
He will be missed. Always spent time with him at conventions talking fish and life. Those Red Caps I had for years were a gift from him. He brought them to
me when he drove down one time from NJ to hear Ad Konings at a CCA meeting.

Wet Sleeves

CCA Members
Staff member
This was such sad news to read. I met him last year at a PVAS meeting and also got to speak with him briefly at CatCon. Such a nice guy

Tangcollector

Staff member
Larry was a great guy. I had the pleasure of spending some time with him at the bar at one of the conventions (forgive me for not remembering which one} He was informative and knowledgeable and always willing to share that knowledge and a real nice guy. I will miss him.