• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

The elusive 5ft 120g

YSS

Members
This tank was on sale for around $400 or less by someone else. This guy bought it and now is lying on his posting and selling it for $599 saying he bought it for $1300. The brand new everything for what he is selling costs $750. This guy is a dirt bag.

Leffler817

CCA Members
Nice. I'm just curious but how did you find out?

This tank was on sale for around $400 or less by someone else. This guy bought it and now is lying on his posting and selling it for $599 saying he bought it for $1300. The brand new everything for what he is selling costs $750. This guy is a dirt bag.

YSS

Members
Nice. I'm just curious but how did you find out?

Because I am looking for a 5 footer. I saw the listing but it's not the color I wanted. A few days later, same tank is listed again and this guy has a lot of tanks listed with same wording. It's pretty easy to tell.

mab

Members
Yeah, this guy runs a business in getting stuff and repackaging to sell for higher prices. He used to frequently list that he was closing his fishroom and was liquidating at ridiculously high prices. He often gets stuff from freecycle that he reposts on craigslist within days. He always gives the impression that it is his stuff he is selling. And, he often reuses the same picture. He's been doing this for years and his business model seems to work since suckers are born every minute. I have two problems with him - first more than once when I was PVAS President members came to me to ask about some guy that had ripped them off only to discover it was this guy and he doesn't even try to set things straight. Second is he inflates prices and others on craigslist see his prices and set theirs in his price range.

danger_chicken

Swim Fishy Swim!
Yeah, this guy runs a business in getting stuff and repackaging to sell for higher prices. He used to frequently list that he was closing his fishroom and was liquidating at ridiculously high prices. He often gets stuff from freecycle that he reposts on craigslist within days. He always gives the impression that it is his stuff he is selling. And, he often reuses the same picture. He's been doing this for years and his business model seems to work since suckers are born every minute. I have two problems with him - first more than once when I was PVAS President members came to me to ask about some guy that had ripped them off only to discover it was this guy and he doesn't even try to set things straight. Second is he inflates prices and others on craigslist see his prices and set theirs in his price range.
ahh I remeber him form 2 years ago when I was searching for several tanks. I should have known when I saw the $599, he always ends his prices in 99. I remember the fish room closing line.

Cartel

Members
Or.....

kill-it-with-fire-demotivational-poster-1235695993.jpg

jrpatter

Members
Can you give me more detail on the set up?

It isnt a setup :) It is just a 5ft black trim 120 tank, sitting on its side in the back of the storage unit. I used it as a holding tank for large pikes and hoplias before I redid my fishroom. I will have to double check and make sure I didnt sell it off when I did my last clean out.

John

YSS

Members
It isnt a setup :) It is just a 5ft black trim 120 tank, sitting on its side in the back of the storage unit. I used it as a holding tank for large pikes and hoplias before I redid my fishroom. I will have to double check and make sure I didnt sell it off when I did my last clean out.

John

Thanks John, but I am looking for either cherry or oak trim.

UNCLERUCKUS

"THE ALL POWERFUL Q !!
SOUNDS LIKE A DOUCHE BAG. I HAD ONE FOR SALE LAST YEAR. THEY ARE HARD TO FIND IN THAT SIZE BUT I WISH YOU LUCK. TRY THAT FISH PLACE ....WELL WORTH THE TRIP FOR THE PRICE PLUS THE DEALS AND SUPPLIES AND FISH ARE FAnTASTIC. THERE IS A GUY IN VA WITH TANKS FOR SALE THEY START WITH 1.00 I'M NORTHERN VA BUT HIS TANKS ARE CRAZY HIGH. HE IS ALAYS N CRAIGSLIST BEWARE.