• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Thanks for Making the BFD 6 A Success!

FishEggs

For those that were curious, I just tallied up the registration totals. This year, we had 332 adults and 30 kids register for the full weekend, and an additional 191 people register for the Sunday only.

These are really awesome numbers!

And, because I know someone's going to ask...last year, we had 278 adults and 26 kids register for the full weekend, and 155 for Sunday only.
  • THAT'S AWESOME!

chriscoli

Administrator
We got rave reviews from the speakers as well. I think most of the comments that I heard for things we need to do better are absolutely fixable.

The board will be meeting to go over things soon, so if you have comments you'd like us to include, please send them to me by PM or email and I'll include them on my list.

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
Sunday morning I was walking through the lobby, saw Shane Linder and Julian Dignall, so stopped and talked to them for a second. Shane said he and his family had a great time. He said it was an excellent event, and he liked that it wasn't 'overdone.' I think we have a great structure, and it gives us time to focus on what we're doing, instead of spreading ourselves too thin. Julian thanked us for inviting him out, said he and his family also had a great time, and that he would've enjoyed the event even if he weren't speaking. It's always high praise when professionals in the hobby who travel to several events throughout the year pay such compliments.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Sunday morning I was walking through the lobby, saw Shane Linder and Julian Dignall, so stopped and talked to them for a second. Shane said he and his family had a great time. He said it was an excellent event, and he liked that it wasn't 'overdone.' I think we have a great structure, and it gives us time to focus on what we're doing, instead of spreading ourselves too thin. Julian thanked us for inviting him out, said he and his family also had a great time, and that he would've enjoyed the event even if he weren't speaking. It's always high praise when professionals in the hobby who travel to several events throughout the year pay such compliments.

Agreed.

red texas

Members
So moving to the new Hotel was a good move. OBVIOUSLY!!!

What else did we do right?

What could we do better?
Have more CA and SA cichlids vendors or individuals,it’s a lot of groups in the dmv area ,of people keeping those type of cichlids some went to the market place for the first time and were kind of disappointed not seen much CA and SA cichlids,it was mostly African cichlids,in my opinion it was great first time going all weekend with my son and loved it,but i do understand the other guys wanting more new world cichlids,even know the rare fish action had some nice new world cichlids,that’s just my opinion.

HootinHoller

CCA Members
For those that were curious, I just tallied up the registration totals. This year, we had 332 adults and 30 kids register for the full weekend, and an additional 191 people register for the Sunday only.

These are really awesome numbers!

And, because I know someone's going to ask...last year, we had 278 adults and 26 kids register for the full weekend, and 155 for Sunday only.

The kid registry is up even though there was no kid specific event.

Personally, I'm looking forward to becoming more active in the club and just might volunteer to be on the planning committee next year.

MHMoro

CCA Members
It was lot of work but thanks to all the wonderful volunteers that stepped in. Your comments will be very important when the board discusses lessons learned from BFD 6 and planning for BFD 7. As Christine mentioned in an earlier posting, send your comments to her through "private conversation" feature.

Leffler817

CCA Members
It was one of the best fish events that I've been to. I might have had a better time last weekend then I did when we hosted the ACA in 2011.

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO GOT INVOLVED WITH THIS EVENT. No matter how small your participation seemed to you, it made a huge impact on the group as we executed the Big Fish Deal 6.

We put this event on for you, the members and guests of CCA and truly hope you enjoyed all of it. Looking forward to BFD 7. Who's going?