• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Thank you CCA

lkelly

Members
I had another terrific time at the BFD. I recognize that it's a ridiculous amount of work for those involved and I wanted to thank them for making the experience so great for everyone. If you aren't having fun at the convention then you are either in the wrong hobby or you're just plain doing it wrong. Every year I seem to make more friends and the chance to talk one on one with the speakers is priceless.

All my fish made it back OK, my marriage is intact, and the holiday tomorrow will give me a great chance to do some water changes. I can't wait for BFD 8!

Leffler817

CCA Members
Congratulations to Christine, chriscoli chriscoli Manuel, MHMoro MHMoro and Mike DiscusnAfricans DiscusnAfricans for executing another successfull event! These three are the BFD braintrust who along with sage wisdom from Jon, jonclark96 jonclark96 and past CCA leaders were able to spend countless hours and energy doing crazy amounts of stuff to pull this event off. Your work makes this event fun for everyone else and it comes with the sacrifice of your own chance to enjoy the festivities. Thank you for providing this fun filled fish weekend. I’m sorry for not doing more for you.

Big thank you to all the volunteers. People did things that I didn’t know were being done and every little thing helps, mainly because it’s one less thing Christine had to do. There’s too many volunteers to list but please accept my thanks.

However, the biggest debt of gratitude goes to Bruce. Christine’s husband is wonderful supporter of his wife and her hobbies. He comes through for the club and Christine more often then we do or realize. Yeah his proximity sucks but he’s a great man for stepping up.

Thank you all. I hope you enjoyed the Big Fish Deal 7.

chriscoli

Administrator
Shawn, you left yourself off the list! You chased down and wrangled speakers. That's one of my LEAST FAVORITE jobs. Thank you also for doing all of the announcing at the event. It's hard for us introverts to get up on that podium!

Thank you to all of the volunteers, we've gotten an amazing amount of feedback on how smoothly the event went. That's due to everyone's hard work and helpfulness when interfacing with our event attendees and vendors!

Frank Cowherd

Global Moderators
Staff member
Loved the ballroom and ABC layout, the hotel quickly installed electrical outlets to the ABC contest, The Water was just right though you had to play with the temperature a bit or get a bucket of hot and a bucket of cold water and mix to get the right temperature and of course dechlorinate it.. THe ability to park outside the ballroom make for a very convenient unloading and loading of aquariums and fish and stuff and with no weather issues to contend with. FANTASTIC. Hope we can have the next BFD there.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
My Friday night started a little rough but after that I was thrilled with the event.
Thank you everyone who worked so hard to put this on.
And I agree that the hotel was great. I was worried about taking my truck in at first but worked out well with the parking.
That hotel staff was beyond compare. They seemed like they were on top of everything including that little incident in the elevator that
I caused. LOL

Wet Sleeves

CCA Members
Staff member
THANK YOU sooo much everyone for all the hard work. This year was amazing!! For me, its priceless to be able to be around so many folks that share this passion. The hard work that went into putting this event together was evident and I saw a lot of people busting their @$$ to make things run smoothly. Being that this was my first year selling at Sundays Marketplace, I feel like I missed out on seeing some of the cool fish that everyone brought in and honestly, It was a bit unsettling for me to "put myself out there" but I don't regret it at all. Everything worked out and it was a fantastic learning experience. I also have a new found respect for the effort it takes to haul and setup all this stuff to sell. I was EXHAUSTED

Jim Anderson

CCA Members
Thank You to all of you that made this happen and the ones that volunteered, lots of valuable time and hard work which was very evident. It was another great event with excellent speakers which I thoroughly enjoyed. I liked the ballroom size and layout, parking for me was very easy and close.

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
Big thanks to Christine, Shawn, Jon and Manuel as mentioned above. Christine essentially took on a second job over the past few months contacting sponsors, soliciting donations, designing and maintaining the website, putting together promotional materials, running the social media campaign, as well as a laundry list of other tasks, it was greatly appreciated. Manuel was our hotel liason and handled all contract negotiations and any other location based logistics, transported supplies to and from the event, including the auctions racks and handled the expenses of the event, which ended up being significant. Shawn was a great MC if you have thick skin, but is always a great ambassador for the club, handled all of the affairs regarding the speakers, and made sure all activities ran smoothly. Jon is always a great resource, overseeing logistics for things such as water for the vendors, AB tanks, and auction tanks, helping out with everything raffle related, arrangement of the Sunday Marketplace, auction logistics and oversight, and is always around when you need something.

There were a ton of other people helping too, and I greatly appreciate everyone that pitched in. I'm going to thank a few, but I apologize for the people I miss, as I never have the opportunity to stop and keep track of everyone, I'm generally running around at all times besides the auction. Thanks to Charnika LiluDallas LiluDallas and her Mom Lisa L lisa walker , they did a great job helping track the donations for the auction, distributing group buy fish, front desk assistance, and many other areas. I always saw them around, and I know they helped with several other tasks, so in reward we added more responsibility in planning next year's event!

Big thanks to Becca Becca Becca , Greg Tangcollector Tangcollector and Charnika LiluDallas LiluDallas for helping with contacting vendors and sponsors, your hard work was evident in the awesome selection of items we had for the raffle and fish auction, I think both were the biggest we've ever had, and the quality was top notch.

Andrew Andrewtfw Andrewtfw is always a huge help, and generally has his hand in a little bit of everything, I know he pitched in from setup to teardown and was always around to help with anything needed. Matt FishEggs FishEggs is another unsung hero, who pitched in with a little bit of everything, between setting up 2 large tanks for AB. The front desk was well staffed, I saw Cory CSnyder00 CSnyder00 , Walter Z zendog , Reed Reed Reed , Mark MarkK MarkK and a few others, I'm sorry for those I missed, I passed by the table many times but didn't always note who was there.

Big thanks to Rachel msjinkzd msjinkzd and Jen DonkeyFish DonkeyFish for their time and effort in the Aquascaping demo, a fun activity and another source of revenue. Big thanks to Rachel for moderating the speaker panel as well, and her daughter Clelia spent a significant amount of time helping at the front desk.

Thanks to Becca for coordinating the Kid's Decorating Contest, and directing/helping the kids throughout the process, thats one of the least enviable jobs in my opinion. Thanks to Josh JLW JLW for donating fish being used for the tanks. I know there must've been several other people helping out with the contest, I do appreciate anyone that helped, but I turn the other way when I see a bunch of kids in a crowded area getting excitable. Its one of the events I love having the club put on though, its important to start encouraging the next generation of fish keepers.

Thanks to everyone who helped bag fish for the auction, run fish in the auction, register people for the auction, check out people for the auction... Thanks to Jim guarddog5 guarddog5 for running MGA for sales and for helping with bagging and recruiting his girlfriend Donna, Christine for running the screen for display purposes, as well as registration and checkout. Charnika and Lisa were around for registrations and checkout as well. I know Shawn and Andrew among a few others were helping with the bagging, it was our most efficient year, and got it done in record time, allowing for time to get some dinner and relax before the craziness restarted. It was fun to see some young kids excited to run bags for the auction, and they did a great job. Abby xny89 xny89 was there to provide some muscle. I think a lot of people enjoyed the speakers announcing the lots and providing some details, big thanks to Mike Mull for his auctioneering.

Thanks to the local clubs (PVAS, GWAPA, ACLC, CCY, JRAS, and others) who helped sponsor events, or AB Contest classes, speakers etc. Your support is always appreciated, and we love having you guys attend our events, and we look forward to returning the favor when possible.

Thanks to everyone who attended, we hope you had a good time, its a lot of hard work, but we take it on so that everyone can enjoy a fun-filled weekend of fish-related events. Thanks to the vendors who donated fish and brought great stuff for sale, to the speakers for flying in and giving us their time and expertise, to all of the people and companies that donated towards the event, and the hotel staff for putting up with water everywhere and making sure everything was organized and running smoothly.

Again, too much to be thankful for that I'm sure I missed people, but any help was appreciated and we look forward to more volunteers in the future. CCA's success is built on the effort of it's members, so the only way to continue to be successful is for everyone to pitch in where they can.

Freakgecko

Members
That was my first time volunteering and regret never having gone or volunteered in the past 3 years I’ve been in this group. Reallly is a shame I wasted all that time!