• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

TFP Sale - did anyone score today?

Plenipotentiary-at-large
Didn't make the trip, tempting as the 'tent sale' sounded. Did anyone get there early and get a good look at what was available as far as discounted returns?

minifoot77

Members
me and dangernugget went and i spent 70 bucks on a koralina, some airstones, another air pump, and some t5 ho bulbs..... i really didn't get a chance to look around much cause we didn't get there till 830

mrkillie

Members
There was no tent sale this year. I picked up a couple 30 gal tanks to replace a couple 20s, and filters to go with them. Some food too. I was going to pick up some pikes. but decided I'd wait until the convention and see what's available then.

After lunch, we went to Pet Smart, as they are having a sale as well (until Apr. 24). This store was surprisingly nice, and the tanks were clean and well kept. I wanted to check out the clown loaches that were $4.49. Picked up the last 3 healthy looking clowns, almost 3" size-great deal. Then decided to go to the other Pet Smart about 5 miles away (cause I really wanted at least 4 and hopefully 6 because they like to school). Their tanks were really crappy looking and the loaches were about 1". How does that happen? Two of the same chain store, just 5 miles apart, and the difference is that much?

Oh well. I'll check the first one again later this week-maybe lightning will strike twice.

mrkillie

Members
Oh, one thing I did not like about the TFP sale-we had to wait almost an hour to pick up the tanks. That was ridiculous-there weren't that many people ahead of us on line! We even called the store and complained while we were waiting-to no avail. Very poorly done. But in their defense, it was pouring down rain, so they were having everyone back into the loading area-whereas they usually just line up the cars outside when it's nice outside. Looks sunny today-maybe a better day to get tanks!

guarddog5

CCA Members
Tony and I drove up in the pouring rain, we bought a couple of 125 gallon tanks and paid 165.00 each, they also had 30 percent off fish, picked up illangi tropheus and couple of other tangs...