• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Tell us about your first?

dogofwar

CCA Members
My first real tank was a 29g I got for Christmas when I was in 4th or 5th grade. It wad blue gravel, a Supreme AquaMaster power filter, a UG filter with a Silent Giant Air Pump, an Ebo Jaeger heater...and an angle iron stand. I was in heaven.

Prior, I just had bowls and jars of bettas (and a 2.5 gallon tank for breeding them and a 10g for growing out fry).

Not long after, I had filled the basement with tanks!

Matt

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Lol. I can remember after getting married going to Montgomery Ward and seeing a 20 gallon set up. I had to have it. I only had a 10. This was double that. Bought it.
With in a year i had like 12 tanks in our little condo. The 20 was the smallest. Biggest was an 80

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

UNCLERUCKUS

"THE ALL POWERFUL Q !!
5 GALLON TANK MY PARENTS HAD FOR ME WITH GOLDFISH. I REMEMBER THE OLD CHARCOAL AND COTTON IN THE FILTER AND THE AIR PUMP THAT HUMMED LOL!

madcobra216

Members
My adventure stated 17 years ago with a 20 gallon, neon Tetras and a few Blue Gouramis. After several months of constantly replacing the tetras because they would die, Joe (former owner of Showcase Aquarium in Wheaton) put me on to African Cichlids. I will never forget the day, he said to me, "they cost a little bit more, but they are tougher and live longer". I immediately signed up on Cichlid-forum.com and tried to learn as much as I can, then I became obsess with all types of cichlids. Now, I cant seem to get enough of them. Constantly looking out for the Next best Peacock. Thanks Joe, where ever you are.

Localzoo

Board of Directors
He retired. When they were closing I asked what his new project would be and said its time to just relax wasn't gonna try to move (stupid Wheaton and their silly leasing rules...) well on the good note most of his staff wrk at tropical lagoon on Georgia ave. Steve the owner took them in.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zackcrack00

Members
My females live together great... I had all 5 of them in their own sorority tank for quite a while before putting them in jars.

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
My first was a 45 gallon. I was about 16 at the time and was working after school a few days per week. My parents split the $200 cost with them. The tank was being sold used at a house in Chevy Chase. There were two available; one with tiger barbs and one with multiple 2" NW cichlids. Obviously I left the tiger barbs where they were and brought the cichlid tank home. Soon after, neighbors learned of my interest and gave me their used ten gallon (metal frame, slate bottom) tanks. At one point, my bedroom had so many tanks in it that my furniture swelled shut!