• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

TANKED!!!!

Did anyone see Friday's episode of the new show Tanked. It's centered around a custom tank building company out of Las Vegas. They do some pretty awesome things with aquariums overall..... :eek::eek::eek:

UNCLERUCKUS

"THE ALL POWERFUL Q !!
I LOVED WHEN HE TOLD HIS WIFE THAT THE "SPECIAL STICKS" WOULD KEEP THE SHARKS BACK AWAY FROM HER.....BUT ALAS THEY WERE ONLY MOP HANDLES HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!!!
THE MOB CAR TANK WAS SWEET ALSO AS WELL AS THE PHONE BOOTH TANK

mrkillie

Members
I didn't care for the phone booth tank, but that mob tank was extra cool. Those guys crack me up. Maybe they'll make more than the 6 shows that are scheduled.

davidhusker

Members
I liked it, I'm willing to let them film an episode in my house centered around whatever them they'd like in exchange for a free tank. Hmm...

Prince

The ONE who is The ONE
I have a few questions. Do they acclimate their fish at all? They must build some awesome filtration or life support systems as the call it. It seems like they just fill and dump. I though salt water fish were fragile.

Hawkman2000

Members
I was actually kind of disappointed. I have seen youtube videos of people making setups at the same level of complexity as DIY ans home. I have also met people that seem to know alot more about aquariums and fish than these guys. I guess its like Sony or Bose, marketing. Still, it was entertaining.

I would also like to know about the acclamation issue.

Of course it is completely possible that the whole show is staged, and the people that actually build everything and set up the finished products are nerdy fish geeks, lol.

Nathan

Members
Saltwater fish aren't that different from fresh water as far as hardiness gos. Most sp. don't need acclimation. Especially if they are strong and healthy.

dogofwar

CCA Members
Making an "instant" display is cool ...but the real skill is maintaining those systems for years... I'm sure that they have a healthy business in aquarium maintenance in addition to set-ups.

A show of people doing water changes, explaining the nitrogen cycle and setting up filters would appeal to me...but not too many others. That said, maybe they could mix in some more educational segments on aquarium keeping...

Matt