1. Welcome Back! Please clear your cookies and cache. If you encounter issues please report it on this thread here --> https://www.capitalcichlids.org/forums/posts/245545/ Thanks
    Dismiss Notice

Tank updated!!

Discussion in 'Photo & Tank Gallery' started by P.Knight, Aug 19, 2012.

1. P.Knight

P.Knight Members

Paul Knight
    Last Activity:
    Aug 25, 2012
    #1 P.Knight, Aug 19, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2012
    I apologize now for the crappy picture from my iPhone, plus a moving fish is always hard to take a picture of lol, but heres just some quick pictures of my male set up of them finally growing up and starting to color up. Hope you enjoy and tell me what you think?

Tank
    [​IMG]

These first 4 fish are the newest to my tank I just bought them from house of tropicals.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The rest is fish I've had from when there were just big enough to tell the sex.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Jesse if you see this your fish I got is doing great.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. P.Knight

P.Knight Members

Paul Knight
    Last Activity:
    Aug 25, 2012
    I had a really beautiful sunshine which was the dominant male of the tank but I think either my Jacobs or ruby red killed it a couple days ago, the other sunshine I have above gained all his color in the past 3 days because the other one is dead now

3. Tony

Tony Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
    Staff Member

Tony Horos
    Last Activity:
    Apr 12, 2016
    Very pretty fish.

Tough to keep more than one of the same type of male in a Malawi tank without there being some sort of trouble.

4. P.Knight

P.Knight Members

Paul Knight
    Last Activity:
    Aug 25, 2012
    Yeah they all get along pretty well since they grew up together but Jacobs and ruby red tend to go at it some times. Ever since my domaint male (sunshine peacock) died they all started coloring up even my blue peacocks.

5. hollyfish2000

hollyfish2000 CCA Members

Holly
    Last Activity:
    Sunday at 3:22 PM
    Is that a blue orchid peacock? he's not likely to do well in an all male set up. Your peacocks are quite lovely!

Do you also have some mbuna mixed in? I've not found that to work long term except for rusties, p. acei and labs.

OK, I'll give you my two cents on the hardscape - I prefer a more natural, assymetrical look. This is very symmetrical. Also, the gaps between the rocks are quite large and really don't provide much in terms of hiding places if someone goes on a tear . . . Feel free to ignore!!! :D

6. P.Knight

P.Knight Members

Paul Knight
    Last Activity:
    Aug 25, 2012

No I'm open to listen to what anyone has to say, so thanks holly. No I don't have any blue orchid, and yeah for some reason all my fish get along great I've only lost my domiant male due to I think them fighting bc they were close in color. I actually had a lot more slate and way more hiding place but you really can't enjoy the beauty of your fish and watch them swim around when they have too many hiding places. I'm probably gonna change the structure again but I didn't wanna do to much at once. And I also had to Change it bc my sucker fish now that I've had for 7 years is like 12-15 inches long and he forces himself to fit in tight places and knocks things over