• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Talk About A Red Comp !

Charlutz

Members
Very nice fish. I never understood the idea of taking pictures in hand though. Makes me suspicious that the fish won't look the same in the tank.

longstocking

Members
Nah... this guy is one of the best in the business ! They will look even better in the tank.... Peter is a busy man...that's all it has to do with. He's one of the VERY few true importers of tangs. Most people (business) go through trans shippers or they buy from him LOL... or Old World. Not too many choices when it comes to getting wild tangs !

If I was made of money I'd buy them in a heart beat.

DeeCee

Members
Whoa! Great looking pair. That's the kind of prices that make you want to buy them & breed them though, isn't it?

D

daniel4832

I wonder if there anyone nuts enough in our club that would try to buy them? :smashfreakB:
If there was, he would have to bring a lot of fish to the meeting, to offset the $300+ that they will go for. :confused0083: :blink:
Thanks,
Daniel

longstocking

Members
LOL you are nutz ! They are very nice fish though :)

If I said to Bill I want these fish... he would laugh his booty off !

Only fish he would ever let me spend that much on is a petro or tropheus.

Ok maybe some discus.... as well LOL

D

daniel4832

Sarah,
I didn't get them, went up tp $351.00 (I have lost my mind!!!) and still lost!!! I can't believe I did that! I shoudn't bid when under the influence of 6 different pain meds, but boy it feels good to lessen the pain. Wonder if all that pain was effecting my sunny disposition, over the last couple of years?
Thanks,
Daniel

D

daniel4832

Be glad you didn't win... I'm pretty sure Peter has more !

I need to look over his list again LOL[/b]

Nope that was all he has, but the good thing is that I now have an account with him.
Thanks,
Daniel

D

daniel4832

Sarah,
I talked with Jon, no more Firefins, but I was going to get 3 or 4 of the regular colored females if I won the pair, to add to them since I have only been successful in breeding Comps in groups.
Thanks,
Daniel

D

daniel4832

Sarah,
I received a very nice thank you e-mail from Atlantis for my spirted bidding :rolleyes:
Thanks,
Daniel

I sometimes think that we are being suckered into the bidding bull hockey.

It's like when something ridiuclous on ebay is valued so high because there is a rich dude with a computer hooked up to the internet in the hills of West Virginia that want's it because his grandfather's uncle ate with a similar spoon. It's a spoon folks. :confused0068:

D

daniel4832

I sometimes think that we are being suckered into the bidding bull hockey.

It's like when something ridiuclous on ebay is valued so high because there is a rich dude with a computer hooked up to the internet in the hills of West Virginia that want's it because his grandfather's uncle ate with a similar spoon. It's a spoon folks. :confused0068:
[/b]

Bobby,
While I will now admit I got caught up in the bidding, this a very rare (1 in a 1,000+) natural occuring fish. This is the first pair that has been brought into the country in over a year.
Other then the pair just being drop dead gorgeous, if successfully bred would more then pay for itself, of course they could also be dead in a week. My friend "Calvusking" just wanted them even more then I did.
How much did you pay for your last camera? :rolleyes: Someone wants spoons, you want cameras, and I want rare fish, so it's not ridiculous it's just different priorities -OK maybe a little ridiculous. :lol:
Thanks,
Daniel

I think I understand the rarity of this particular fish. But, you gotta weigh the risks against the initial investment. Perhaps a little inflated on the initial investment end. :smashfreakB:

maddog10

Members
Lot of money for fish! I would keep in contact with the winning bidder and get fry from him in a couple of months at a fraction of the cost (hey, I think I will do that)!

D

daniel4832

Mike,
One he already has a list (a long one), two since it is a recessive gene very few will actually be "Firefins" if any. This is why it is so rare, and after numerous tries has not been established in the hobby. Now I'm wondering if I should have bidded higher. :smashfreakB:
Thanks,
Daniel

longstocking

Members
The only reason I would never bid on fish like this for that kind of money, is there no guarantee that they are a pair or that they will ever breed. Basically, the way I look at you are paying for 2 fish that will look very good in your tank. So 175 dollars each for comp. Too much money ! Especially when I have a pretty good idea what the importer paid for these. I would just feel ripped off....

Now if he had put 2 pairs up in the same auction... that might make sense...