• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

t5 light stopped working

Greg31

Members
I have had a corallife t5 (2 bulb) fixture for my 90g for about two years but it just stopped working last night. Possible I would need to change bulbs? Or other troubleshooting?

jonclark96

Past CCA President
I think 2 years is a pretty good run on aquarium bulbs, but odd that both tubes would burn out at the same time. It may be a ballast problem, but I am no expert when it comes to light fixtures.

mab

Members
I've had several of these die. Contact Coralife. They've been helpful with replacements which I've taken as an indication that they know there are porblems with this porduct.

Can I swap my white light bulbs for a single white and a blue? Seems to look good in other tanks... This is a 55 fresh water with T series bulb ( don't recall exactly which).

Thx

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Greg31

Members
So its wierd. ill turn switch on and it will blink then stay off. Only does this first time I flick on in couple hours.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
Sounds like a short in the wiring rather than a ballast issue.

Sent from my DROIDX using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Hawkman2000

Members
Could be the ballast. Now that most of them are electronic ballasts, the starter cap. is internal. If the ballast gets to hot, it could cause the cap to pop.

Could be corroded wiring or switch as well.

My first guess would still be the ballast.

Whats the warranty on corolifes?