• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Synodontis & Pleco

Rfreddy321

Members
I have a 75 Gallon tank and I am looking for 2 couple small Synodontis Eupterus High Fins. If no one in the group may have any for sale, could you recommend a local source. I'm in DC. I also need a small 2-4" Pleco that is compatible to Malawi Cichlids. All help appreciated.

Rfreddy321

Members
I am looking for both, but do not want to spend a lot. My tank does not have a lot of algae no, but probably will over time. I have 5 kids and they would like something maybe out of the ordinary. Suggestions?

cmcpart0422

Members
My suggestion is a bristle nose pleco. They are cool and they will eat algae. They are fairly cheap and you can also find albino ones if you like that sort of thing.

One thing I noticed with some of the fancy plecos are that they like to hide. I have some plecos in my tank and the only time I see them is when I pick up some decorations and they swim out from under them.

I used to have a pleco in my with mbuna and they mostly ignored each other so I dont see there being a problem.

If you really want an algae eater then I suggest you get some nerite snails, nothing compares. They are larger, look cool, eat TONS of algae, and wont reproduce in the tank. Good luck.

longstocking

Members
I don't have any two inch Bushy nose plecos but I do have 1.25..... 3.00 dollars each.

If you want bigger I think Pat Kelly can hook you up.