• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Super Red Kribs-RIP

:sick0004::innocent0003::sick0004:
Came home last night to find that my 120 gallon tank that I was breeding Super Reds in that everything had croaked except for three females and one juvie. Lost two of the females sometime last night, so now I am down to one juvie and one female. Lost the three of the four synodontis cats I had in there, as well as the two severums. Think the culprit was ick and then a nitrate spike from dead fish. Grrrrrr....:angry3::angry3::angry3: Just when things seem to be going right something like this happens. There were something like 30 juvies and four adult pairs until yesterday.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Ouch
sorry to hear.

Like you said, things are going smooth and then bam.
Too many times.......

fweed

Members
I feel your pain. About 8 mos ago I had a lot of peacocks in my 55 and they all took the plank. Man does that hurt, just have to recoop

deadman

Members
what exactly is a super red rock krib> are we speaking of paralibidochromis sp rock krib mnwanza red morph?

No, Not a rock krib. Super Red Pelvicachromis Pulcher....its a color variant that has extremely red hues, especially vibrant in breeding coloration on the males.