• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Super Pet Expo

Ading522

Members
Anybody ever gone to any of their annual events? there is one this weekend (March 21-23) and i want to know if there will be some nice fish we can see in there?

dogofwar

CCA Members
Yes - I think PVAS is setting up some tanks.

Remember that their All-day auction is in a couple of weeks.

Matt

Frank Cowherd

Global Moderators
Staff member
PVAS has had a booth at the event for many years. This year there will be, I believe, 8 booths with connection to the aquarium hobby. There will be fish and plants and equipment and fish foods for sale. PVAS will have two booths and will sell memberships and have some sort of give away for signing up for membership. THere will also be a really nice door prize. THere will also be a number of display tanks to show the public what can be done.

spazmattik

Members
Says they will have aquariums of all sizes. Anyone recall what prices were like on these? I went to a reptile expo years ago and they had dollar per gallon tanks.

Ading522

Members
Hmmm..I am more excited into looking for rare fish.. So what kinds of fish usually appear at these kinds of expo? If its pvas folks mostly then there aren't any african rifts right? Or are there more CA/SA cichlids?

Sent from my XT1060 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

If this is the Chantilly Pet Expo, come by and visit the booth for The Sighthound Underground, my dog rescue group. I'll be there Sunday afternoon. We rescue all breeds of sighthounds from Italian greyhounds to Irish wolfhounds. We even bring over Spanish greyhounds from Spain and Saluki from the Middle East.

Frank Cowherd

Global Moderators
Staff member
This SPE is not really a rare fish event/place. PVAS looks at it as a way to let the public know about the club and to get new members who are interested in the hobby but did not know there were such things as fish clubs. We do a lot of talking. Please come and help us talk up the hobby. The fish are mainly the easy ones that people new to the hobby should consider.

There is a volunteer sigh up list on the PVAS forum.