• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Sump or FX6

rich_one

Members
I am currently running an FX6 on my 210 gallon aquarium. But this aquarium happens to have two built in corner overflows, and this has me seriously considering moving my FX6 to another tank, and installing a wet/dry or sump on this tank instead, as opposed to purchasing another FX6 (which I'm still considering anyway, if I can find one for the right price). So for kicks, I thought I'd do some poking and see what, if anything, was available among us here that might be for sale, before I started looking at the brand new ones. Essentially, I'd love to get something close to an Eshopps WD-300CS. Whatever the case, it needs to be sufficient for a 210 gallon aquarium. Would be great for pump to be included, but doesn't have to be. So... anyone have something like this available for sale with possible delivery at April meeting? Thanks.

-Rich

Owens

Members
I would build a sump for a fraction of the price, its honestly quite easy and you can much something much better than an eshopps 300-CS.

I used a 55g on my 180g which is almost double what the above sump holds and a much better layout. All you need is an old tank to use for spare glass as baffles and you will have a much nicer sump, customized to your needs for around $50.

Just my 2 pennies.

dogofwar

CCA Members
I'd definitely go with a sump, especially since the tanks already drilled and has overflows. Build a DIY one out of an old tank or Rubbermaid bin...

Matt

sukrol

Members
Sump, you can EASILY customize. Check out ModularMarine on EBay he makes custom acrylic kits to convert a regular tank into a sump if you're not into DIY.

Maintenance with sumps is a breeze...

rich_one

Members
Thanks, guys... I'll look into that Juan. Yeah, so, as some of you on here probably know by now, I'm not the biggest DIY type guy. I'm paranoid enough installing an already made sump, much less trying to build and plumb my own! LOL...

If I were to find something that suits me, I believe I'd prefer wet/dry style vs. sump style. Any pros/cons between the two from those who use them? I do need to upgrade fairly soon, so we'll see how it goes... really will come down to the first viable option that presents itself and is affordable to me.

-Rich