• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Suggestions, Please!

mrkillie

Members
OK, so I am tired of crap accumulating in this house and have decided to plan a great family day out as the main Christmas gift for my wife and daughter. My daughter has been taking ballet lessons for 7 years (I think) and has been performing in the local dance company's rendition of "The Nutcracker" for 5 years. My wife is now the President of the dance company and is the production manager for the show. So I am taking them to see the Moscow Ballet's "Nutcracker" in Baltimore on Dec. 21. We'll be like 20 rows back. Great seats.

I am then taking them to see the Trans Siberian Orchestra in Philly for the last performance of "The Lost Christmas Eve." I have floor seats, row 17 in front of the stage. Very cool-we've never had floor seats for a concert before. Ever.

Here's the thing...ballet is at noon, TSO is at 8. Allowing ample travel time and a nice meal somewhere, we will have about 2-3 hours or so to kill between shows. Does anyone have any suggestions on something Christmasy to do either in Baltimore or in Philly (or somewhere in between) for about 2 hours or so? A good shopping experience is one thought-but where? Longwood Gardens is another. Any suggestions are appreciated!

WendyFish

Members
Unfortunately I can't be of help on a touring suggestion, but what a lovely outing. I hope you have a wonderful time!

Hannibal

Members
I have seen on one of the HGTV Christmas light shows a section of Baltimore that has great lights on the entire street, just don't know where it is.

I think you are referring to the lights in Hampden. They have been doing it for like 60-70 years if I am not mistaken. I have not personally been since I was younger, but its always a hit.

dogofwar

CCA Members
holiday_building_1300x435_web.jpg

mrkillie

Members
Thanks for all the responses everyone! I think we'll probably hit the Christmas Village for a little while, then try to get to 34th St. before heading to Philly.