• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Suggestions for dream tank?

drgnfly829

Members
Eventually, I would like to get an acryllic tank with an 8' x4' or 10'x4'
footprint and have rays and arrows.
I am not mechanically inclined, so I was looking at tanks on the aquariums for you site.
I read Li's post on the MFK site about his giant tank, I'm not so much a do it yourselfer, so i would probly get a complete package.
Suggestion, warnings, advice appreciated.
This is still a year at least in the future
Thanks
Judy

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
My suggestion is start saving now! Looks like you will soon revisit college days, with meals of ramen noodles and hug drinks. lol

One of my good friends has a 10X4X3. The tank cost 7500.00 just to build. Of course it was built to his design and you may go differently in terms of overflows. The tank sits in the garage and faces into the dining room. The garage floor had to be ripped up. Steel supports were placed under the tank and then the cement was repoured to support the weight. If you go custom, try to stay under 30" it gets much more expensive for every inch taller than that.
Of course the plus side of it all is that you could properly house a niger cat forever and keep just about any large cichlid you have ever wanted.

F8LBITE

Members
I could only dream of something that big!!!!! Please document your progress and post lots and lots of pics so we can have first row seats to your project.