• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Stuff I still kinda suck at...

Tannin Aquatics

CCA Members
Ok, I’m man enough to admit it…

IMG_3994_large.JPG

After a lifetime in the fish world, there are still some things that I’m flat-out afraid to do. Stuff that scares the daylights out of me. Some of these are challenging to almost anyone- others are seemingly mundane, yet have hidden difficulties that can sink your whole project…yeah.

14203283_1187253251317881_4032895629512394000_n_large.jpg

Here’s a list you can build on, I’m sure…So, in no particular order, here is my list of the top 7 aquarium-related things that scare the @#$%& out of me: (click to read more)

CSnyder00

Bearded Wonder
Okay,

Building a stand is not really that hard. You need 2x4's, a drill/driver, a chop saw, and then the material to cover it. It's not that bad. I've build 2 so far. I like building them. Just make sure you have proper support. I could drive my 4,000 lb truck on the one I built for my sister's 55 gallon turtle tank.

Drilling a tank takes patience. It's doable but risky, so I get that one.

Plumbing is not hard. I don't like flexible tubes. Hard tubes with solid joints that you can glue or solder is much better than screw on in my opinion.

It's all about what you are comfortable with. If you don't have the tools or the mind/vision to see it, then I suppose you are limited in what projects you take on.

My two cents.

Tannin Aquatics

CCA Members
Exactly my point! There is a surprisingly large list of things I am not comfortable with..However, with those that I am- like many hobbyists- stay out of my way...comin' through! That being said, being open to trying new things is what keeps it all fresh. And laughing at our shortcomings and fears once in a while is a surprisingly good motivator to get out of the comfort zone...and it's funny, too! :)