• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Stoopid oscar - should I help?

chris_todd

Members
My oscar ate a fish that was too big for his throat. See the attached pic.

The question is, should I try to remove the fish from his mouth? He seems to be able to "breathe" OK.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1382920213.014302.jpg

Becca

Members
PM Gravel_digger (Terrell). He told me a story about an Oscar that did this - I think the Oscar lived.

chriscoli

Administrator
Very stoopid! So sorry! I've heard of people reaching in with maybe tweezers or needle nose pliers and unhooking the spines and reversing the stuck fish from the other fish's mouth.

Good luck!

daninmd

Members
Think you might do more harm trying to remove it. He will spit it out or swallow it. They would do that in the wild too and survive without our intervention

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
I had a juvenile Parachromis eat an otocinclus almost as long as he was. He swam around for a few days and eventually got it down. I'd let him be.

DSC_0633F.jpg

blkmjk

Members
Do you remember if you kept that one? The only reason I ask is now looking at it it looks like one I have that was a cast off of yours. I have a male from you still. He is 7" possibly going to a new home to be a stud for a friend...

Drew