• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Stocking questions

I currently have a 6 inch jack dempsey and a 3 inch oscar in my 125 gallon. I have a fluval fx5 and an emperior bio wheel 400 running on this tank. My question is do I have room to add another fish. If so what are my options. I want to keep these fish into adulthood so I want the stock to work permanetly. Please advise. Thanks

Sent from my SCH-R760 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

jonclark96

Past CCA President
I would say you definitely have room to add a few more cichlids. I'd stay away from pairs of any large fish unless you want to dedicate the tank to them once they start spawing. My recommendation would to add a fish or two that don't get huge and aren't overly aggressive. Maybe a single from the paratheraps genus and one from adinocara or aeqidens?

I love veijas! A few months back I bought one on impulse and returned it. Maybe I shoulda kept him...smh

Sent from my SCH-R760 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

jonclark96

Past CCA President
I've kept several over the years. I haven't had any that are terribly aggressive, but they won't get pushed around. I particularly like melanurus and brehordi.

festaedan

potamotrygon fan
Definitely get a paratheraps of some sort. A thoricthys or amatitlania of some sort would also be cool.

MonteSS

Members
My beautiful male Nic that recently died :(

I loved that guy. Got to about 9".

I have two of his male babies left @about 2". I dont go to meetings though.

Many in the CCA have his offspring though.