• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Stocking Help...

NYfan78

Members
Ok I am getting back to freshwater and looking at a 75 gallon tank unless you think i should go bigger just let me know. I have done labs and demasoni before. What othercool exciting fish could i do? Are rays hard to keep. looking for ideas!

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Good to see you back, Scott. :)

Yes, rays are tough and need something much, much larger than a 75. Are you interested in new world or old word?

Azraphael

Members
Rays?! Motoro rays like all others are bottom dwellers, your tank would need a huge footprint to be suitable, like Tony said, much bigger, I would guess at 200 gallon +

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

NYfan78

Members
Thanks Tony! I am not sure. I love the colors of the saltwater fish so i want something interesting. I was considering doing a river tank with 3d background, sand, natural rocks, and plants. Then adding piranhas. Not sure if i could do pleco then?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

jonclark96

Past CCA President
I've not kept piranha myself, but understand that they do best in large schools. When only one or two are kept together, they tend to be skittish. If you are looking for something non-cichlid that has the same allure as the piranhas, look into getting a large group of exedons. I've watched a few of the videos on youtube and they look like they would be fun to keep.