• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

StartSmart Complete...

JasonC

Members
So at the last meeting I won one of the raffle bags and in it was a bottle TLC's StartSmart. Wasn't really planning on using it for anything as I have seen a lot of poo poo'ing on bottled "live bacteria". But a couple of weeks ago I needed to move a dozen 2" - 3" fish around. They got shoved into an empty, bare bottom 37 gallon tank with a brand new eheim filter. I was fully prepared to be doing daily 90% water changes til the tank cycled (This is not how I would ordinarily cycle... I am a huge proponent of fishless, but I was in a bind). Looking around I noticed the bottle still sitting in the goody bag that I got and decided what the hell? whats the worst that could happen? The tank doesn't cycle instantly? Well, I dosed it up, and holy hell, the stuff WORKS! The tank has been going for 2 weeks now and I have not seen a drop of ammonia. I monitored every other day for the 1st week til I was darn sure that it was working... not a drop of green in the test tube!

Anyhoo, thanks to the board for hunting down these great raffle bags, and folks, consider this product. I honestly couldn't believe how well it did its job!

and no I am not a paid spokesperson....

:lol:

Prince

The ONE who is The ONE
I have been using that for for the last four years. I got my first bottle at HOT. The last I got in a raffle. It works great.

chriscoli

Administrator
Reviews (both positive and negative) from club members with personal experience are always the best!!!

Prince

The ONE who is The ONE
House of tropicals or tropical lagoon

Sent from my Nexus 7 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Prince

The ONE who is The ONE
I'll take it at the September meeting.

JasonC

Members
I just use a sponge filter or other media from an existing tank :)

Anyone want a bottle?

Matt

Yeah.. I would usually do that too... but didn't have anything available this time around... nice to have a backup plan-in-a-bottle.

dogofwar

CCA Members
I don't actually have a bottle of the StartSmart...although I can squeeze out a sponge filter into a bottle :)

Matt (being a smart-a)

I'll take it at the September meeting.

turfboss

Members
I too use old sponges or used filter cartridges if I have time to set up a new tank and let it cycle for a couple of days (minimum) but when I need that tank immediately I use Drs Foster and Smith "Live Nitrifying Bacteria" - and often just add a teaspoon (for good measure) to each 10 gals of new water even when I have an old sponge to toss in the tank - Seems to work like a charm and I have no spikes at all.