• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Speaker Line Up Revisions for BFD

jonclark96

Past CCA President
CCA:

Unfortunately, we found out this week that Wayne Leibel is having some health issues and will be unable to attend the event. While we are certainly disappointed that he cannot attend, we wish him a speedy recovery.

In lieu of Wayne's talk, we will hold a speaker panel roundtable discussion, moderated by none other than our own Rachel O'Leary! We hope that this will be a great opportunity for attendees of the BFD to ask questions to the speakers to get to know each of them better. So, if there are some things that you've just been itching to know from Joey, Shane, or Larry, post them up here or bring your questions to the talk on Saturday!

Thanks to Rachel for offering to moderate the discussion and thanks to our speakers for participating!

Jon

Becca

Members
Nooooooooooooooooo! I was so looking forward to meeting Wayne.

Still, I know the panel will be great :).

xny89

Administrator
Staff member
Jon, one of the issues I face is dealing with flake and pellet food that ends up getting pulverized over time. I'd like to know if there are any ways to somehow turn the small pieces back into larger flakes or some other form.

finzz

Members
I haven't seen Wayne in years and was looking forward to hearing him speak as well. I hope he recovers quickly- wish him the best. There are still lots of great speakers and Rachel will be a super moderator. 'Should be a great time!

mchambers

Former CCA member
Jon, one of the issues I face is dealing with flake and pellet food that ends up getting pulverized over time. I'd like to know if there are any ways to somehow turn the small pieces back into larger flakes or some other form.
Abby, you can use superglue!

Frank Cowherd

Global Moderators
Staff member
Just put the pieces and even fine stuff in some Replashy. You can incorporate different stuff in Replashy even meds if you add the meds and vitamine C after you let it cool but before it jells. And you can buy those small ice cube makers to make the size just right for big cichlids, or use a knife to get the right size for feeding most any fish.

xny89

Administrator
Staff member
Other than worm flavored jello and super glue (thanks for the support -LOL), Repashy seems like a great idea. Don't want to steal this thread, so I'll start a new one on this topic.

MarkK

CCA Members

Mix it into your Repashy

xny89

Administrator
Staff member
Will be doing that in about 10 minutes and will report it in my other post.