Sound Barrier

maddog10

Members
Caught this at this years Joint Services Open House. After 20 years, I finally went on base to watch it :)

airshow2010-4.jpg

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Sick, sick, sick... sick, sick shot Mike. :eek:

The F-22 is a truly remarkable piece of machinery. Can get up to over mach 2 and can just as easily cruise by at a snail's pace. Plus the thing can seemingly stop and turn in mid air with the vectored-thrust thingy. Pictures/movies of it just don't do it justice to its maneuverability. The plane is straight up nuts.

I love the joint airshow... totally worth checking it out if anyone reading hasn't been there before. I was out of town for it this year, but O'Shea and Maria went to check it out.

Here's my favorite pic from 2008; the "heritage" flight with a P-51, F-4 Phantom, F-18 and the F-22. I'm sure to fly in formation, the P-51 had to be full throttle while the F-4 was fighting not to stall, lol.

232323232%7Ffp6327%3A%3Enu%3D34%3C7%3E846%3E257%3EWSNRCG%3D3298%3B978%3A%3B348nu0mrj

If you decide to go next year, hit me up. We generally go if we're in town.

It is good to see you back on the board. I was hoping that WoW hadn't completely consumed you....yet. :p

maddog10

Members
Ha I got one very similar this year, there were only 3 aircraft in this years Heritage Flight. I went to the show on Friday. The crowds on the weekend would drive me insane.

airshow2010-5.jpg

Not much time for WoW, not on the computer very often lately.

fischfan13

Banned
Mike, absolutely great shot!

I had to think for a moment what WoW meant. As a former listener of The Opie and Anthony Show "WoW' meant something else.:blush:

longstocking

Members
Any chance a P-38 was at least on the ground?

Some day I will get a pic of it. Hopefully before my Dad dies !

Nice shot Mike :)

Last edited:

maddog10

Members
Nope, have not seen one at any of the shows. I was actually looking for one for you (see, I can remember some things that people tell me) :)

buntbarsch

Members
WOW, I love that shot.
Toronto has a big airshow every year and I'm going there EVERY year. Just love the planes, especially the older ones.