• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Some sort of external white irritation on scales

Digital

Members
I have a dragon's blood peacock that looks like it rubbed against something very rough or is having some sort of external problem with its scales. Its pectoral fins are also chewed up and fuzzy at their ends. I dont believe it is ich.

Ill post more photos later once I catch him and get him in a quarantine tank.

Any advise is appreciated

Marlin

Sent from my SCH-I545 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

uploadfromtaptalk1415153471533.jpg

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Fungal infection? "Fuzzy" screams fungus imo.

I thought velvet is more gold-colored than white, but not entirely sure.

Either way, separate it (looks like you already did), raise the tank temp and add salt (deionized, lots of it). For fungal infection, I'd add Pimafix. If it's velvet, I think you treat with copper.

Good luck.

Becca

Members
Fungal infection? "Fuzzy" screams fungus imo.

I thought velvet is more gold-colored than white, but not entirely sure.

Either way, separate it (looks like you already did), raise the tank temp and add salt (deionized, lots of it). For fungal infection, I'd add Pimafix. If it's velvet, I think you treat with copper.

Good luck.

Tony, I've seen suspected velvet (would need a microscope to confirm) show up as almost clear, white, and gold... I had it hit a tank viciously after a water change last week and it did result in fuzzy fins/secondary bacterial and fungal infections to the fins.

Makes me seriously think twice about drinking my tap water...

Digital

Members
Think I should I treat my whole tank? From what what I've read online it spreads fast.

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Tony, I've seen suspected velvet (would need a microscope to confirm) show up as almost clear, white, and gold... I had it hit a tank viciously after a water change last week and it did result in fuzzy fins/secondary bacterial and fungal infections to the fins.

Makes me seriously think twice about drinking my tap water...

Gotcha.

Digital

Members
Thanks for the advise, folks! I went ahead and treated my entire tank to be safe. Its hard to see if the dragon's blood is getting better, but he'll stay isolated for a while before he goes back. Thanks again