• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Some recent spawns

festaedan

potamotrygon fan
Hi guys
I've had quite a few spawns recently and I thought I'd share

Zoogoneticus Tequila: My group has started spawning and I had a small female give birth to only one fry. The little guy is growing really fast and loves brine shrimp.

Limia nigrofaciata: I've had this group for a while and like the zoogoneticus, they have recently become sexually mature. I found 3 batches of fry in the 40 gallon comunitity tank. I found about 40 fry and they are growing very well.

Red snakeskin guppies: These guys spawn non stop and all 3 females recently gave birth to around 10 fry a piece within a day or 2 of eachother.

Amatitlania Siquia "tempisque": I found the 3rd batch of F1 sequias this morning in the back of a clay pot. They are wigglers at the moment and they should be free swimming soon!

Enigmatochromis lucunusi: The spawn Im most excited about. These guys have been shy, skiddish, and not really impressive for the last month or so and I was seriously considering selling them. In the past week or so they've started to come out of their shell and yesterday I found eggs! There's no way Im selling them now

Thanks for looking

festaedan

potamotrygon fan
Thanks, the earliest spawn of the 5 I listed was only about a week ago so I dont have any fry from the particular songs I listed above. Now, I do have about 20 good sized siquias from the first spawn. Once I grow out these fish I will defenitely put some fry from all of them except for the tequilas in the auction. The only reason that I probably wont be auctioning the tequilas is because I have 2 people (1 from mfk and one from you tube) who both want some tequilas and since the last spawn only led to one baby it might take a little while.

I've also been having some gold sunset lyretail mollies and endlers drop fry but with them I have good sized colonies of both so I find new fry a few times a week.

festaedan

potamotrygon fan
Congrats Dan! You're fish room is apparently quite busy!

thanks!

I have good news, and bad news

Bad news is the lucunusi ate their fry before they where free swimming
Good news is I found the male ancistrus sp. pucallpa gold guarding his 3rd spawn and the newest siquia fry have been free swimming for a while now and are eating very well of decabsulated brine shrimp eggs
mama siquia with fry.jpg

mama siquia with fry.jpg

chriscoli

Administrator
Sorry to hear about the lucanusi, mine have also been unsuccessful at getting their spawns to free swimmers. I hope they spawn again soon for you!

Congrats on the others, though!