• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Social Groups

maddog10

Members
We have this great feature and hardly anyone is using it!
Several of us have set up groups and then some have never even gone back to start discussions.

Join a group. Start a group of your own (just keep it clean).

F8LBITE

Members
I saw the discussions but I dont know how to respond or contribute. Theres noe "reply" or "start new discussion" button on mine. I can see what has been posted but I cant post.

maddog10

Members
If you are in the group, at the bottom left is a line that says 'Post New Discussion'. Click on that to start a new discussion.

When you click on an existing discussion, at the very bottom is a 'Quick Reply' box. Just type and post. You can also 'Go Advanced' for more options.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
I wonder if the permissions are messed up that you cant see it.

I will try to look at tonight or talk with Li about it. I can see them and I have another log in for non members and it works. Maybe CCA members have the wrong setting on permissions.
Like I said, I will try to look into tonight if I can get on the computer.

maddog10

Members
Still having trouble?

Some people can post some can not, don't know what is wrong. I have received PM's from several people saying they can not post or reply.

I think Li is looking into it. Hopefully he can give us an update.

maddog10

Members
I think Li has fixed the problem! Thanks Li!

Please check out the Social Groups and see if it working for you.

Sonny Disposition

I must've missed them, Mike. The point I was making, though, is that if there's a discussion in a Social Group, you can draw attention to it by cross posting to the Forum.

While we're on the topic, can you explain the advantage of the social group to me?

I'm thinking that if I wanted to start a discussion, I'd do it on the Forum, where I'd get the most replies. Starting a discussion in a social group, which most members may not be monitoring, might get fewer responses.

There have been several discussions about the Social Groups in the Forum.

maddog10

Members
Social Groups can be made private (although none of ours are at this point), so discussions can go on 'behind closed doors' so to speak. When they are left open it is basically the same as the forum. Can also start Social Groups to cover subjects that are not addressed in any of the Forum's boards.

Jumbie

Members
Social Groups can be made private (although none of ours are at this point), so discussions can go on 'behind closed doors' so to speak. When they are left open it is basically the same as the forum. Can also start Social Groups to cover subjects that are not addressed in any of the Forum's boards.

I have been gone for a while and I just recently returned to the forum, so could someone let me know how I could join a Social Group? Is there a list of the social groups somewhere?