• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Snowzilla

chriscoli

Administrator
So, how is everyone doing? How are the fish? How's the house? Any power outages?

I shoveled late last night around midnight, and you really can't even tell. Otherwise things are ok here. The forecast says to expect another 8 to 12 inches at my place today and the winds are supposed to really pick up this morning.

mchambers

Former CCA member
14" thus far in Shepherd Park and coming down heavily. I think we'll hold off on shoveling until tomorrow, because i think the wind will just blow snow back into the places you clear. (I learned this in the 2010 storm.)

Power is still on, so fish are fine. No spawns yet. ;-)

JasonC

Members
Haven't been out to measure this morning... looks like we are up to about 10 inches, but hard to tell because there is already a lot of drifting. Thankfully, no power outages. Brought home a battery backup from work though to rotate around on tanks, freezer and fridge to buy us some time though.

Hoping for the best, expecting the worst.

festaedan

potamotrygon fan
So far no power outages. Unfortunately doesnt look like my rays are trying to spawn yet, fingers crossed though

mchambers

Former CCA member
If the power goes out, our rear covered porch will be our fridge and freezer. Hope it doesn't come to that.

FishEggs

I was going to say no need to power the fridge/freeze if the power goes out. Just stick it outside.

Still power here but now the winds are here so now is the time to worry.

Snow is about 12" over here in Upper Marlboro. It's not often my giant dog has to bunny hop through the snow. The small one is half gone in it. They had fun chasing each other around the back yard for 5 minutes. then they were already worn out and came back in.

Localzoo

Board of Directors
We got about 15" dep where you measure.
All systems on. I shoveled late last night also....why not right? Keeps the doors from being blocked by snow.

Surprisingly enough the house seems warmer...not sure if we are better insulated bc of the snow or in comparison to outside.

Rusties are holding, telmatachromis guarding something...not sure, if it's bc of the snow....

Anyone run out of wine or beer yet?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

spazmattik

Members
We got about 15" dep where you measure.
All systems on. I shoveled late last night also....why not right? Keeps the doors from being blocked by snow.

Surprisingly enough the house seems warmer...not sure if we are better insulated bc of the snow or in comparison to outside.

Rusties are holding, telmatachromis guarding something...not sure, if it's bc of the snow....

Anyone run out of wine or beer yet?

Says you. Lol. I shoveled at midnight, woke up to let the dog out at 6 to see the front door had been compromised :p

dogofwar

CCA Members
We've got well over a foot here in Rockville/Potomac and it's still coming down hard. Was watching a neighbor try to shovel - pure futility.

Group of deer came through our back yard this AM. It was a struggle...

Matt

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Just got back in from round two of running the snow blower. We have over 24" in Frederick. And it's still coming down hard.

I think my labiatus are getting ready to spawn.

mchambers

Former CCA member
About 15" here in the northern part of DC. Not coming down hard right now. Just dug out the front steps and part of the sidewalk, with my son, who also dug out a neighbor's front walk.

Corydoras weitzmani may be spawning, although I never find the eggs when they do.

mchambers

Former CCA member
You mean like Jon? :)

My corydoras duplicareus spawned, following a water change. Only water change I did today. Maybe I should do more? Really was hoping to take the weekend off.

clearsky5

CCA Members
Not snowing at all down here in sunny ruther glen va.
:eek:

well, maybe a bit :D

the front of my house faces north and with all the drifting and wind and snow and freezing rain and well all of it pushed in my front door at some point very early this morning... I woke up at 4 am (actually my dog woke me up, kinda saying what the $(&(#( dad, the frickin weather is in the house....) anyhow the cold froze my door knob/tumbler, and pushed the door in.... had to place a pole to keep the door propped shut.......

otherwise...not going to jinx myself talking about the power thing....

so with not much to do, figured I would do my registration for the BFD.

david

dogofwar

CCA Members
The swings on our backyard swing set are now buried...and it's still coming down.

Pair of Lago Coatepeque cons are spawning...but that probably would have happened storm or not :)

Matt

CSnyder00

Bearded Wonder
24 inches plus in Bowie. Still snowing hard. Going to have to shovel/snowblow later today/tomorrow. Needed a break after 6 hours.