• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Snail hunt

danger_chicken

Swim Fishy Swim!
so should i just ship them or what... and didn't you have white t grade colorquarts?
I know I can't seem to catch up with you.
I have about 20lbs of smoke t-grade, but I think it's spoken for. And about 100-125lbs of the tan (looks like red clay to me - but the light it's under changes the color drastically) t-grade. I have it in two tanks side by side and they look like they have different sand in them because the light on each tank is different.

I have a ton also, so let me know if Phil doesn't come through. No clue what type they are, but they're small and active.
Until I get an established breeding population I'll always have a need.

iamzrad

Members
Michael, I have a bunch Melanoides tuberculata's in my planted tank. Ranging from 1/4" to 1/2" or so.
Let me know.

danger_chicken

Swim Fishy Swim!
Oh yeah he loves those! I thought he was digging in the sand after them but it turns out he's blowing the sand away leaving little craters.

dogofwar

CCA Members
puffers will DESTROY snails...

Also, some Madagascar cichlids like polleni and lamena will eat them.

Matt

OMG I have snails. How? I have no clue. weird. I found snails around the edge of the water line of my rack system tanks. Nothing has been added for months and everything that was in the tank was dry for months. I am confused.

minifoot77

Members
i got MANY more and now a different variaty too.......... did you move your puffer yet? i'll be down for another trade weekend after next....

Lively

Members
Hey Danger - Abby saw puffers at the local wallyworld and decided she might want to have them in her new (to her) 55 gallon. I know nothing about them (except that they eat snails, now lol)

Give me some insight into keeping them?

DonkeyFish

Members
Thanks Minifoot, Donkeyfish and the Todds for all the snails. I'll take them anytime you have them.

You are most welcome! It was nice to meet you in person, sorry I was so busy and couldn't chat more. Hope you had fun! I'll make sure to bring you goodiebags to the meetings, LOL!

danger_chicken

Swim Fishy Swim!
i got MANY more and now a different variaty too.......... did you move your puffer yet? i'll be down for another trade weekend after next....
Yeah I moved him last week and then aquascaped the tank for him on Monday. This is the first time since I've had him that he's in a tank specifically setup for him in terms of aquascaping. He's happier now then ever before. His tail is open a lot more now and he swims around more. I think he loves checking out all the activity in the room compared to the back room he was in.

Hey Danger - Abby saw puffers at the local wallyworld and decided she might want to have them in her new (to her) 55 gallon. I know nothing about them (except that they eat snails, now lol)

Give me some insight into keeping them?
Make sure you know what kind you are getting, many need brackish - if not all the time they will when they get older. Most that are pure freshwater get big 12"+. There is a south american puffer that is 100% freashwater and stays small but it's teeth are a problem as in they grow fast and usually need to be trimmed a couple of times a year. All puffers need snails and crustians to keep their teeth trim. I also feed mine red wigglers and black worms and the odd convict that wakes up with a triangle chuck missing from it's head. Mine will only eat live food, but some people are successful at getting theirs to eat frozen. They tend to be mean little suckers. The bigger ones will kill anything in the tank. The smaller ones aren't as bad but tend to be fin nippers. Check out http://www.thepufferforum.com/PufferPedia to see what type will work for you and http://www.thepufferforum.com/forum/library/ for care.

You are most welcome! It was nice to meet you in person, sorry I was so busy and couldn't chat more. Hope you had fun! I'll make sure to bring you goodiebags to the meetings, LOL!
woohoo goodie bags :D