• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Small Group Buy (Mostly Apistos)

JLW

CCA Members
If you haven't done a pre-order with Batfish, here's how it works. You e-mail me what you want, and send, via PayPal, a 50% deposit on the fish to BatfishAquatics@gmail.com. If you order by PM, reply, etc., you will probably not get your fish. The fish will be brough to the PVAS meeting, and you will then pay the remaining 50%. If, for some reason, they do not come in or are otherwise unacceptable, you will get a refund of your deposit (or, as is typically the case, one of the 16 fish you ordered didn't come in, and we just apply the deposit to the remaining balance).

If you cannot make the PVAS meet, we can bring the fish to one of the other local meetings, or make arrangements for pickup or shipping.

Please note that -- in case you don't have windows -- weather is sucky right now, and there is a small chance the whole order will not arrive before the PVAS meeting. If that's the case, I'll contact you and we'll figure something out; worse case, I'll hold onto them until April. :)

Please note the minimum quantities on some of these items. Also, please note that these fish are not currently on hand -- that's why this is a "PRE" order. Please do not ask me for photos, size, sex, etc. I can try my best to provide that information, but most likely I just don't have it. As far as size goes, if it isn't specified, it's what you'd expect for the price; you're not going to get a 8" male ancistrus with bristles 2" long for $5. :)

I need orders placed by no later than Tuesday at 5 PM. I'll additionally be publishing a second list with some other, less expensive fishes on it.

IF you bring a pot of Chili to the PVAS chili cook off, you can take 10% off your remaining balance.

Tetras, Characins, etc.
Yellow Tail Congo (Hemigrammopetersius caudalis), 1-1.5" -- $7.99 (Min 4)
Regular Congo Tetra, Medium -- $7.99 (Min 4)
Congo Tetra, Large (Males) -- $12

Cyprinids
Galaxy Rasbora (CPD) -- $6 (Captive Raised, Min 6)
Chela dadibujori (Indian Hatchet) -- $4.50 (Min 6)
Checkered Barb -- $2.25 (Min 10)
Albino Rainbow Shark (2.5") -- $5

Corydoras
Cory. pygmeaus -- $2 (Min 6)
Cory. "schultzei" -- $7 (Small Aeneus variant, about 1", stays small).

Apistogramma
All Apistos must be ordered in even numbers. Price is per each.
Generally, 2 = a pair, 4 = 2 pair, etc., but no guarantee!

Apisto. Urteagai WILD -- $20

The following are all from my very, very nice Czech supplier. These are NOT cheap fish, but if you stopped by the table at AquaMania, you probably saw some fo the Czech apistos. These are super fish, with really, really good bloodlines.

Apisto. agassizii 'Alenquer Red Tail' -- $35
Apisto agassizii 'fire red' -- $35
Apisto. borellii 'Blue' -- $28
Apisto borelli 'Paraguay' -- $28
Apisto. cacatuoides 'Czech Super Red' -- $38
Apisto cactuoides 'half orange' -- $22
Apisto. cacatuoides 'triple red' -- $34 (Very big!)
Apisto hoignei -- $45
Apisto hongsloi Form II -- $38
Apisto hongsloi 'Rostrich' -- $40
Apisto macmasteri 'Blue head' -- $24
Apisto macmasteri 'Double Red' -- $42
Apisto macmasteri 'Redtail' -- $35
Apisto nijsseni -- $36
Apisto panduro -- $36
Apisto. sp 'Black-chin' -- $60
Apisto sp. 'Opal Red Mask' -- $38
Apisto sp. 'Red Point form I' -- $25
Apisto. tucurui -- $48 (Very hard to sex)
Apisto viejita 'Rio Meta' -- $35

Taeniacara candidi "Red" -- $55

Other Cichlids
Thorichthys meeki 'Rio Candelaria' -- $18 (Wild firemouth, not the inbred/hybrid fish you're used to)
Hemichromis elongatus (5-Star General Jewel Cichlid) -- $25
Nanochromis transvestitus -- $38
Pelvicachromis pulcher 'Super Red' -- $22 (VERY red).