• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Small greenhouse build: Any interest?

Forester

Members
Hi,

I'm in the process of building two small greenhouses with dimensions of 4x4x6ft with a pointed roof, and I was wondering if anyone in the club would be interested in purchasing one. This isn't in the Marketplace because firstly I'm not gonna put something up for sale that isn't built. Secondly I am also planning on using this thread to post pics and go through the steps of the build. They may be for sale at AquaMania 2 depending on how much interest I get. I will update this thread with pics constantly throughout the build.

I will be getting the materials this weekend and they should be cut on Monday. So I should be able to start building on Tuesday.

If anyone has any comments, advice, or questions feel free to post.

Thanks,

Lucas

I have built several greenhouses, more commercial sizes like 60'-20'-18. I have a very good understanding of the concepts and materials used if you need any input I would be glad to share my .02$. Good luck!

Sent from my SCH-S960L using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Forester

Members
This has started as a school project so I'm experimenting with corrugated plastic roofing compared to plastic sheeting. For the structure i'm using pressure treated 2x4's.

AquaStudent

Members
Good luck with the build. My neighbors built a mini greenhouse on their back deck. They DIY automated the watering system, vents, and the works!

Forester

Members
Good luck with the build. My neighbors built a mini greenhouse on their back deck. They DIY automated the watering system, vents, and the works!

Thanks! These are't going to be set up with "the works" for now just cause of time limitations but if I don't sell them at Aqua Mania 2 then I will put in "the works.

kevin911

Members
Wow very cool, are you able to build aquarium stands and canopy as well lol..

Sent from my HTC One using MonsterAquariaNetwork App