• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Silver dollar fin rot

kqui9357

Members
Bought my silver dollar at a lfs who said a person came and dropped him off because they were going to throw him in the river. The lfs had him in a tank with africans convicts and dempseys. The fish were picking on him big time. So I took pity and bought him for $6 since his condition was bad. Any advice on what to do for it? I have him in a 2.5 gallon QT for now. Ill eventually put him in my 110 with my baby oscar sevs and other silver dollars. Can anyone tell me if it is fin rkt since ive never experienced it before? Thanks :)

Sent from my SGH-T999L using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

uploadfromtaptalk1396591100798.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1396591121819.jpg

Localzoo

Board of Directors
From the pic it doesn't look like fin rot just that they have nipped all the tail off.keep him in qt for a while.
The fins will grow back but might take forever and might not be the same depending how far they down they got.
He is at risk of infection just like anyone or anything that has an open cut or gash etc. so keep an eye out for infection.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app