• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Shutting down my discus tank!

Mac6737

CCA Members
OK, EVERYBODY, LISTEN UP -- I am withdrawing from "the hobby." No hard feelings; I had my first tank in 1951, and have had a planted 90-gallon discus tank since 1991, with several successful spawns, including one a year ago. Now both retired, my wife and I travel a lot, and I no longer enjoy twice-weekly sessions with the Python hose.

But therein lies your opportunity! Come and inspect the livestock and make an offer on some or all of these splendid fish.

DSCN9034.JPG My discus include a spawning pair (apricot sunset M, silver pigeonblood F), several year-old offspring, a large red (Marlboro?) a F silver pigeonblood. Plus 4 big clown loaches (4" -6"), that I wish to place together in a good home. (Loaches do well with cichlids.) Also a big pleco.

DSCN1226-004.jpg

rsanz

monster tank newbie
Hi Robert, I am interested in your clown loaches. Where are you located? What are you asking for them?

Mac6737

CCA Members
Hi Robert, I am interested in your clown loaches. Where are you located? What are you asking for them?
Well, I said $20 each on the other forum. At a LFS, they'd probably be 75 each, but it's important to me they go together, if at all possible; they seem inseparable in the 90-gallon tank.

I am in Bethesda, just inside the Beltway. (301) 365-4926

Mac6737

CCA Members
What’s the price on the smaller discus or all in general,thanks

There are 9 discus, including the spawning pair. I think that pair should go for at least $250, and each of the others, depending. Let's say $40 apiece for all 7 (cheap! but I want to move them). But some would be worth more, some maybe less. I'm about to try to UL a pic of the whole tank, so you'll have a better idea.DSCN9972.JPG DSCN9972.JPG

Mac6737

CCA Members
Nice pics! Where about are you located, and what are the prices on the discus?

-Rich
There are 9 discus, including the spawning pair. I think that pair should go for at least $250, and each of the others, depending. Let's say $40 apiece for all 7 (cheap! but I want to move them). But some would be worth more, some maybe less. I can work with you (assuming you are not a dealer).

I'm about to try to UL a pic of the whole tank, so you'll have a better idea.

I'm in Bethesda.

DSCN9972.JPG

Mac6737

CCA Members
Looking to get some of the smaller discus. Can’t send a pm.
OK, what's the question?

I would prefer to move these all together, but I'd probably take $40 each for the littlest ones, about 3." They hatched 1/31/17.

Here's a pic of the whole tank:

DSCN9972.JPG

rsanz

monster tank newbie
Well, I said $20 each on the other forum. At a LFS, they'd probably be 75 each, but it's important to me they go together, if at all possible; they seem inseparable in the 90-gallon tank.

I am in Bethesda, just inside the Beltway. (301) 365-4926
I will take the loaches at $20 each. I am in Rockville. Would you prefer I call you to set up a viewing/pickup time? Or can we hash it out in this thread? What days/times are you usually available?

Mac6737

CCA Members
I will take the loaches at $20 each. I am in Rockville. Would you prefer I call you to set up a viewing/pickup time? Or can we hash it out in this thread? What days/times are you usually available?

I am retired, and am generally available, within normal limits. Please call me.

Mac

Mac6737

CCA Members
Sorry, the loaches are under contract. If the buyer welches, I'll contact you.

rsanz

monster tank newbie
Sorry, the loaches are under contract. If the buyer welches, I'll contact you.
Oh man, that's a shame...I thought we had a deal. I was literally about to call you on my lunch break to tell you that I am ready to come out tomorrow around 5pm.

Ok, let me know.

Wyn001100

Members
Discus Fish
I will be in your area in Bethesda, MD on Friday 1/26/18 +-3:30 pm
I could stop by.
Will that date/time work for you, if not propose other date/times

Discus I am interested in buying all, except the breeding pair.
How many, what type, what size?

price: give an individual price for 1 fish of a size in inches and a group quantity discount

Thank You

robertafleming@comcast.net