• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Shrimp quarantine

dhavalsp

Members
How do you quarantine shrimp? Is there a shortcut (asking this at the risk of getting punched) ? which shrimps do well at 85 F?

thanks for your help.

jonclark96

Past CCA President
I would think you quarantine like anything else, keeping them in a separate tank for some time before introducing them to your existing tanks. As far as any type of prophylactic treatments, I have no idea.

chriscoli

Administrator
I would quarantine them if you're going to be introducing them to an existing shrimp colony. There are some shrimp-specific diseases that can happen. Rachel (Msjinkzd) has been doing some research on how to quarantine and treat them.

dhavalsp

Members
I am planning to put them in a regular tank which has some fish, there are no shrimps in it.

Yes, my question is specifically about any prophylactic meds, high temp (that can be tolerated, I generally quarantine my fish with higher temp and basic meds)...