• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Showing fish at the Catfish convention

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Okay, I pulled out 5 fish this week to put in the show at the Catfish Convention. I had 6 but one decided it would be more fun to jump out the back of the tank and hit the concrete. Still looks okay but have him on a close watch.

Anyway I have 5 of them for class IVe.

Anybody else?

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Sorry to hear about #6, Pat.

I was planning on giving it a shot, but only going to be able to make Friday evening. :(

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Thanks guys.

Has a spot on his side. Other than that he is eating and looking good. Not happy about being away from his females.

The problem was he jumped out the back and went to the floor. I have no access there. I had to pull the lights off the bottom row. Then take a net and try scooping to see if he was there. found him with the dirt and broken clay pots that are behind the tanks. lol

Anyway, I pulled another male out but his fins are not that good. Hoping maybe they grow in the next couple weeks.

Oh, it was this guy.
jan10L.jpg

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
These guys have an interesting fligh reflex.
Several times as soon as I put the net in the tank, the male dives under the sand on his side. Scared me the first time.
I have wanted to get a picture but can never predict when they will do it.

dogofwar

CCA Members
Just sent my entries in tonight... lots of new worlds and some non-rift old worlds...even a couple of catfish ;)

Matt