• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Shipped fish for the first time yesterday!

F8LBITE

Members
I shipped (4) five inch fish yesterday all the way to Louisiana!!!! They made it safe and sound and the guy had them by 10:30 AM. So if a dummy like me can do it anybody can. Thanks to Jen Donkeyfish for hooking me up with some bag buddies. :D

longstocking

Members
I don't know why more people dont' ship.... its really easy.

Jose congrats on graduating :) :lol: Now you can ship all over the US !!!

F8LBITE

Members
Yeah plus I didnt have any replacements for the fish I shipped so if they didnt make it, that was going to be it.

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
Yeah, that definitely makes it more nerve racking. Larger fish are also tougher to ship than juveniles. I found out some synodontis will poke holes in bags no matter how thick they are.

DonkeyFish

Members
Yeah, that definitely makes it more nerve racking. Larger fish are also tougher to ship than juveniles. I found out some synodontis will poke holes in bags no matter how thick they are.

Oh! Did you not read the fine print in the shipping manual? "When shipping synodontis catfish make sure to remove pointy objects from their grasp such as forks, knives, scissors, ball point pens or skewers"

I didn't see it at first either, but when I went back to re-read there it was! Whoda thunkit! :lol:

Good job Jose! Now whenever I need to ship any I know where to go. ;)

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
Oh! Did you not read the fine print in the shipping manual? "When shipping synodontis catfish make sure to remove pointy objects from their grasp such as forks, knives, scissors, ball point pens or skewers"

I didn't see it at first either, but when I went back to re-read there it was! Whoda thunkit! :lol:

Good job Jose! Now whenever I need to ship any I know where to go. ;)
I think he snuck a shank into the bag. Luckily I wasn't shipping him and noticed right away. I ended up having to put him in a plastic container to keep him from busting out. My manual is missing a few pages, so I must have missed that one.

longstocking

Members
Shipping catfish = very tricky.

But, Julie has some how managed to figure it out. I ship young fish so it's usually not a problem......

I know 3 mils bags... and square bags help with catfish.

Lively

Members
I thought triple 3 mil bagging for anything spikey was the trick...and of course going through the metal detector and frisking for the real hard cases that want to slip sharp plastic instruments into the bag...(happy DF? lol)

DonkeyFish

Members
I thought triple 3 mil bagging for anything spikey was the trick...and of course going through the metal detector and frisking for the real hard cases that want to slip sharp plastic instruments into the bag...(happy DF? lol)

Very good. Thank you. Gold star for you today.

F8LBITE

Members
Where did you take them to ship them.

I bagged them up at my house then I drove to the fedex drop off location. It was a little out of the way but the location in Alexandria VA lets you drop off packages up until 8:30 PM for next day delivery so it minimized the time the fish were in the bag.

YSS

Members
You sold your fish to someone else before offering up to me to see whether I would be interested or not? :) By the way, what kind of fish did you ship?

F8LBITE

Members
You sold your fish to someone else before offering up to me to see whether I would be interested or not? :) By the way, what kind of fish did you ship?

Yeah he saw my videos on MFK and begged me to ship some to him. He arranged the shipping and all I did was print the label and drop it off at the Fedex location. I sent him a Fosso. Rostratus, Tramitochromis Intermedius, Placido. Pheno. Tanzania, Aulo. lwanda. He was very happy!!!