• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Shelldwellers

CichlidDan

Members
Thinking about getting shell dwellers again. Are multies and similis the only shell dwellers that can be kept in groups?

chriscoli

Administrator
They're the easiest to keep in groups in a relatively small space. You can keep multiple pairs of the others in larger tanks, but you will need to give the subdominant males more space to get away from the others.

CichlidDan

Members
They're the easiest to keep in groups in a relatively small space. You can keep multiple pairs of the others in larger tanks, but you will need to give the subdominant males more space to get away from the others.
Thanks for the response, they would go in a 46 gallon bowfront tank.

chriscoli

Administrator
you can do a lot in that size tank. I keep my multis and similis in 20-longs, so you could always do a colony of those. Or a pair of two of brevis.

Abe Merie

CCA Members
I have kept Ocellatus Gold in a group in a 4 breeder. The group size was 7 which allowed for males to have their territories.
You can add some Cyps or paracyps with them as they are mid water swimmers .
Best is get Juvies and grow them together it worked for me better anytime I started a group .
Best of luck .