• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

September 10th CCA Meeting

Scraps

Super Genius
Staff member
SEPTEMBER 10, 2022, CCA MEETING
12:00 pm – 4:30 pm
Glenallan Elementary School – 12520 Heurich Road, Silver Spring, MD 20902
SPEAKER Begins at 12:30 pm

DAVE’S RARE AQUARIUM FISH
Specializing in the rare cichlids and catfishes of Africa
Dave Schumacher has been a cichlid aquarist since age sixteen and has worked in tropical fish stores since that time as well. He now owns his own store specializing in cichlids, Dave's Rare Aquarium Fish, which gives him a good grasp on today's cichlid hobby. He is a member of the Hill Country Cichlid Club in San Antonio, TX, and has served two terms on the American Cichlid Association board in past years.
https://www.davesfish.com/
For CCA Paid members please take advantage of Dave’s website and purchase for our GROUP BUY. Fish will arrive for pick up at the CCA September meeting. ALL paid CCA members will receive 10% off their total purchase and FREE shipping!!! When placing your order, email or call Dave to get your 10% off!
daves@davesfish.com (512) 618-0120
After the speaker we will host another great mini auction. So, look for a NEW MyGroupAuctions, with our club meeting date to log in your auction items. Look on CCA forum for MGA guidelines to follow.

*** CCA will be at CatCon on October 8th! (NO club meeting) Come see us at our table and enter to win great aquatic items.
November 12, 2022 – INDOOR Fish Swap – Table sign up coming soon.

DrEgg

Chairpersons
Staff member
SEPTEMBER 10, 2022, CCA MEETING
12:00 pm – 4:30 pm
Glenallan Elementary School – 12520 Heurich Road, Silver Spring, MD 20902
SPEAKER Begins at 12:30 pm

DAVE’S RARE AQUARIUM FISH
Specializing in the rare cichlids and catfishes of Africa
Dave Schumacher has been a cichlid aquarist since age sixteen and has worked in tropical fish stores since that time as well. He now owns his own store specializing in cichlids, Dave's Rare Aquarium Fish, which gives him a good grasp on today's cichlid hobby. He is a member of the Hill Country Cichlid Club in San Antonio, TX, and has served two terms on the American Cichlid Association board in past years.
https://www.davesfish.com/
For CCA Paid members please take advantage of Dave’s website and purchase for our GROUP BUY. Fish will arrive for pick up at the CCA September meeting. ALL paid CCA members will receive 10% off their total purchase and FREE shipping!!! When placing your order, email or call Dave to get your 10% off!
daves@davesfish.com (512) 618-0120
After the speaker we will host another great mini auction. So, look for a NEW MyGroupAuctions, with our club meeting date to log in your auction items. Look on CCA forum for MGA guidelines to follow.

*** CCA will be at CatCon on October 8th! (NO club meeting) Come see us at our table and enter to win great aquatic items.
November 12, 2022 – INDOOR Fish Swap – Table sign up coming soon.

The auction is now set up and open for items to be posted. Follow the MGA rules for posting.
See everyone next Saturday.

Biomom

CCA Members
Hi! I’m a new member and don’t know what you mean about posting stuff on the auction. Can folks view the items before the actual auction? How? Thanks.

DrEgg

Chairpersons
Staff member
We have created an auction for the September 10th in-person CCA meeting. Users of the website must register on the CCA MyGroupAuction website: mygroupauctions.com. Sellers are encouraged to upload a photo of the fish/item to be auctioned. These items can be viewed by all registered users before the auction.

As always, donations are welcomed.

Please review the auction rules.
https://www.capitalcichlids.org/forums/auction-rules/

Biomom

CCA Members
Thanks for sharing this information. I created an account for the auction site, but there apparently is nothing there. Am I missing something?

30A89C9C-2B57-4FCC-A973-D93DD93AD0D4.jpeg

JLW

CCA Members
There are apparently two CAPI groups in My Group Auctions. One has a misspelling in the name.

The one with the misspelling is the one you want. :) Both appear to use CAPI as the name.

Biomom

CCA Members
There are apparently two CAPI groups in My Group Auctions. One has a misspelling in the name.

The one with the misspelling is the one you want. :) Both appear to use CAPI as the name.

That is SO funny! I intentionally picked the correctly spelled group, thinking it was a correction and therefore the more current group. Just goes to show that logic doesn’t always lead you to the right answer!😊

JLW

CCA Members
Hey, we're chiclid poeple here! Spelling is optional! ;)

It looks like it is fixed -- as near as I can tell, there should only be one Capital Cichlid Association. However, it looks like the auction is empty.
I don't know if that means no one has added anything to the auction yet, or if my getting it fixed screwed things up... either is equally possible.
BUT, if you did add items already, you may have to readd them, and you can blame me for that. Sorry, not sorry.

Biomom

CCA Members
I now see a handful of items. They look nice, and I hope there will be more! By the way, I assume we are bidding in person and not on the site - correct?